Move computer 3d images with just your hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move computer 3d images with just your hands

Remember "Minority Report"? Remember the computer he was using, where he could move all the folders and stuff with his hands? Well Microsoft's ToughLight saw it too:

This looks awesome. Probably won't change computing or anything, but the technology may have some interesting future potential (could it eventually eliminate the mouse?)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

It's too much effort to wave your hands about or play a game with a stupid remote control.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Perhaps... we may still be wedded to the mouse, but I can definately see where simply grabbing something on the screen and moving it would have value.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

There are probably applications for which such a setup is better then a mouse.

Comment

I don't want finger prints all over my screen. Streaks either.
          Still cool.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I don't want finger prints all over my screen. Streaks either.
            Still cool.
            I believe what the video shows is that you don't NEED finger prints of streaks over your monitor... waving it a few inches away can do just the trick (I assume over the years the '3 cameras' will shrink to where they'll fit in a flat panel.

Comment

Working...
            X