Cannot load saved game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot load saved game

Please help! I've been playing the game fine for months without any problems. I have not changed anything on my computer, but I am getting an error when I try to load a game I saved last night. I get a message that says "Load Error. Failed to uncompress game data". Can this be fixed? I had made quite a bit of progress and would hate to loose it.

See this thread for an example of how someone else solved the same problem.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

I tried that before I posted this and got the same result. Same error message. Thanks tho

Comment

If you post a copy of the save file that doesn't load, I will see if I can load it. That will show whether or not the file is corrupt.

Otherwise, you should load the most recent auto save file and see what happens.

You don't say whether you have installed patch 1.61. If not, do so.

Finally, you could completely uninstall the game, reinstall it and apply patch 1.61. If you do this, be sure to copy your save file to a safe location.
        -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks for all your input. I already had the patch installed. I deleted the game and reinstalled and redownloaded patch and it still would not load the saved game. I'm not finding any autosaves for that game for some reason.

Will attempt to attach the saved game to see if you can get it to work. Thanks so much.
          Attached Files

Comment

I get the same error message when trying to load your save file. It appears that the save file is corrupt. You should be able to load your most recent auto save (which shouldn't be more than a few turns earlier) and play from there, unless the auto saves have been overwritten with more recent files.
            -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
            X