Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Zone stuff happening in AOMIII

Hi,

While playing AOMIII, everything went all right (although I had great difficulty surviving until turn 120 or so), but suddenly, Twilight Zone set in. While the computer was processing the turn, I got a message from the Sioux (whom I never met), "The Sioux are going to war with you sir, our history of aggression must be punished". Then, when it was my turn again, I saw 2 settlers and a heavy swordsman lightyears away from my empire - yep, in the middle of Sioux country. This is terrain that was black until now. It's now a "colored" island in the middle of blackness, with three of my units, who seem to have fallen from the skys.

How is it possible that I suddenly got three units in the middle of someone elses empire? Is this a bug, and if so, will I have to abort this game? I fought and grew for so many turns, this can't be the end of things I just got the message that I got the number one ranking in the game (and that I had to be aware of the envy of other empires).

So far, I've seen some bugs appear in AOMIII, but this one is really baffling. I hope it's a fixable bug. Or that I am just a complete idiot and that there is a logical explanation, that will do to.
    I included a savegame, should anyone be curious.
    Thanks in advance

Tellius
    Attached Files
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Me Too

I've gotten this numerous times. I just take advantage of it - sometimes a new base on another continent, or once in a while I can sneak them back home if I have a stack nearby to run interference. Mostly I just get an enemy migrant that shows up in front of my capital where my King and slavemaster have a short sharp chat with him about trespass
    Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

So at least I'm not the only one who encountered this...

I think I'll try and sneek the units back home where I'll disband them in a city. Two extra settlers like that is just too much of a cheat to me to use them to found 2 new cities.

I hope Stan will find out what is causing this.

Thanks for the answer

Tellius

Comment

Hi,

I'll have to quit this game. Each turn it seems, I get the same symptom in another empire, always the same scenario: 2 settlers and 1 military unit appear in the center of a yet unknown empire, and one migrant of that empire appears before my capital. I manage to appease some civs, but others immediatly declare war. Takes all the fun out of the current game.

Other - but minor - bugs I have encountered so far.

* I get the message 'The Native Americans have rejected the proposal" but in fact they accepted
        * the AI settlers can create a city, and then happily move on to found another one later on (yep, I encountered this too)
        * sometimes, my units seem to disappear

I'm going back to playing Cradle until the main bug has been fixed, there simply is no fun in being forced to war with half of the world simply due to a bug. I'm a peacefull man, I strive for greatness, not war!

Tellius

Comment

It is the first time I have heard of it before I get the message "You have achieved a number 1 ranking". I understand the declare war code does not kick in until then.

However, I have only had it happen once in 4 full games of AOM III.
          Proud to be a AOM Warrior

Comment

Total War

Hi,

So you think the fact that so many empires declare war, has more to do with my achieving number one ranking than with this appearing of many of my units in the middle of those empires? In fact, the appearance of those units might be just a side-effect of the declaration of war? I'm at war no matter what

I wanted to quit this particular game, because I felt dragged into a world war just because of a bug. If it turns out that world war was just what I was going to get in any event, I'll probably continue with this game. I had 4 wonders of the world, 14 cities, never got this far in turn 220 or so on Hard and Barbarians set to Marauders before. I'd hate to have to quit now.

Tellius

Comment

Working...
            X