Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Xbox 360 AV" coming this holiday season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Xbox 360 AV" coming this holiday season?

Looks like it'll stand toe-to-toe with the PS3 for people in that price/feature range.

First, some variation of an upcoming Xbox 360 will have an HDMI port: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152041

Second, this information on the supposed "Xbox 360 AV" SKU which is supposed to be competitive to the PS3 in price:
    Plays All XBox 360 titles
    250 GB HD
    HD PVR functionality
    Live Anywhere support - Server Support
    Wireless Hub "Built-In"
    Built-In HD-DVD player
    HDMI Output
    Connection to other Live Anywhere "Xbox" Branded devices - even over internet.

This is just a rumour at best, but it's one that makes a lot of sense to me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

MS has denied an HDMI port up, down, and sideways, so I think it's just not happening.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Denying the port is in their best interest for current sales.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Denying the port is in their best interest for current sales.
        And then releasing it is the best way to piss off the people that bought the system beforehand... leading to more people who hold off on purchasing the next system when it originally comes out.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I'm not sure it would piss too many people off, if it's in the PS3's pricerange. I'm an early adopter and it wouldn't piss me off.

If they replaced the DVD-ROM with an HD-DVD drive for the same price, now that'd piss me off...

But if they add a new one that's $200-$300 more expensive with more features, that's not a big deal.

Comment

Will this cause a drop in current xbox360 prices? Or, will the PS3 cause a drop in prices? Will ANYTHING cause a drop in prices before the end of this year?
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I highly, highly doubt it, Ninot.

Comment

So all the hullabaloo about a price drop in November won't happen? Too bad, but then I can buy this thing earlier with less regrets.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  I'm not sure it would piss too many people off, if it's in the PS3's pricerange. I'm an early adopter and it wouldn't piss me off.

If they replaced the DVD-ROM with an HD-DVD drive for the same price, now that'd piss me off...

But if they add a new one that's $200-$300 more expensive with more features, that's not a big deal.
                  Well, that is probably true. But I've been hearing rumors of HDMI ports in standard (ie, premium) XBox's and selling it at the same price. But those are probably false and would piss everyone who already bought one off.

Comment

I can't wait for Odorama, the integration of smell.

And can't wait watching CSI in Odorama
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                    X