Does Israel use the M1 Abrams tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The T34 obviously
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Also moving the engine up enables the doors in the back, allowing the crew to enter and escape and resupply more easily. Though since the MkI they've improved the firepower and maneuverability.
      True enuff. I remember seeing early pics of it in late 79 early 80 in "Soldier of Fortune" (I think) or maybe a Janes publication. I certainly recall being impressed with the design concepts.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        Which is the best MBT anyway?
        I would say the latest British, German, French, Israel, and the M1A2 are the best.

None of the above have ever fought each other, so it would be hard to know. We do know that no Soviet/Russia tank has survived while fighting any of the above. Of course none of the Russian tanks had a Russian crew. All of the crews were Arabs.
        Last edited by Joseph; July 13, 2006, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
          The T34 obviously
          You forgot the /serb

Comment

Depends on environment and mission.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You forgot the /serb
              serb? I thought it had been AH.

Comment

I think we still have some M-60s though probably not in use.

I wouldn't be surprised if we own several M1A1s for the kicks, but we don't rely on it or have a company based on it iirc.

Comment

I think we still have some M-60s though probably not in use.

no regular units.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Probably for training.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Depends on environment and mission.
                      BINGO!!!
                      We have a winner!

Comment

This calls for a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                          I would say the latest British, German, French, Israel, and the M1A2 are the best.

None of the above have ever fought each other, so it would be hard to know. We do know that no Soviet/Russia tank has survived while fighting any of the above. Of course none of the Russian tanks had a Russian crew. All of the crews were Arabs.

Remind me when the latest British, German, French, Israeli and the M1A2 fought vs. the latest Soviet/Russian tanks.
                          Iraqi T-72 (mostly produced by Iraqis themselves), had no Soviet/Russian crew, had no Soviet/Russian ammunition, had no Soviet/Russian electronics, had no Soviet/Russian maintenance and have not been used in accordance with Soviet/Russian doctrines, besides T-72 USSR sold to Iraq, were an export, CHEAPEST variant with different gun and no appropriate equipment, armor and ammunition to fight Abrams, they even didn't have a laser rangefinders). So Iraqi T-72 doesn't count. This variant of T-72 was not even intended to fight the latest American MBTs. You compare different generations of tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy

This calls for a new thread.
                            Yes, the Poly surelly needs "Which is the best MBT" thread # 10348.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                              BINGO!!!
                              We have a winner!

Thanks. I know what I'm doing in that area.

Originally posted by Serb
                              Yes, the Poly surelly needs "Which is the best MBT" thread # 10348.
                              The last one was good.

Comment

Iraqi T-72 (mostly produced by Iraqis themselves), had no Soviet/Russian crew, had no Soviet/Russian ammunition, had no Soviet/Russian electronics, had no Soviet/Russian maintenance and have not been used in accordance with Soviet/Russian doctrines

I'm confused. Aren't those advantages?

Comment

Working...
                                X