Genesis.... (Game starting up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis.... (Game starting up)

Hi my attempt here is a 4-6 player game on a large map. All players will start off at peace and let war come if it comes. No preset alliance. The object here is charector and nation building. If you can achieve that through conquest and wars, fine, but remember human players gang up on aggressor nations. So just let it all go with the flow. The object is to get a real RPG aspect to it. This is pretty experimental for Civ4 PBEM as all I see are usual 'turn sent' (we did this all the time in CTP but it was always great fun negotiating over things and watching meglomaniac's rise from the renissance era)

Players vote on
    Type of terrain
    Climate
    Sea Level
    Game Speed

If anyone is interest please post your selected country, Email address and prefences. We can try to keep this to the thread. Edit. Post your timezone also, so we can set it up efficiently.

FG
    Last edited by faded glory; July 5, 2006, 16:08.

4-6 players on a large map? Bigger is not necessarily better in Civ4.

Comment

Well thanks for the advice. Im convinced!!!

I actually meant standard but thats beyond the point

no one wants to pbem?
      Last edited by faded glory; July 6, 2006, 17:03.

Comment

Sounds like a Diplo-game, except with PBEM instead of their DirectIP connections. This would interest me, however I am away on weekends, and would not be able to play then on weekends until September. I would, if I would play, perhaps on a smaller map,(for my computer's sake) have my own customized Civ(just name changed) if of course, that was ok with you.(I would find posting Stories like Diplogames cool.)
        "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
        Check out my Blog!

Comment

Well im fine with all that. I guess we could go on a smaller map if we cant find 6 players.

A diplogame? Ya kind of. Im not looking for a storybook with a whole cabinet of ministers. Just a little bit of Role-playing is all.

Your in (if of course your interested)

Comment

With Warlords just around the corner, would you want to wait for that?
            "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

idk im not seeing any pbem support for this game. so maybe

Comment

I'm up for a PBEM. Random civ, email ric ta actewagl tod net tod au.

Comment

umm ok so now we have 2. Need 1 more and I guess its a go on small.

Rickety click. I not understand is the first actewagl supposed to beb lgawetca? Lol im cofunsed Just PM ur address.

Comment

Faded, it's simple, the "at"s and the "dot"s (@ and .) are spelt backwards, in order to stimy the lurking web bots. The rest is forwards.

Comment

I'd be up for a game, either soon or when Warlords comes out!!
                      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

well lets take a vote. wait for Warlords or start?

Comment

Sign me up please if it's going ahead. Fractal maps are nice btw..

vilemerchant at mschumacher.com

I'll go Catherine of the Russians.

Comment

Ok looks like we will be starting.

rob i need your info.

smelly i need yours aswell.

I need prefrence, Civ/custom name/emails.

Comment

Type of terrain: fractal
                              Climate: temperate
                              Sea Level: low
                              Game Speed: medium

I'm at GMT +10.

What's Warlords?

Comment

Working...
                              X