Sprite editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprite editor?

Does anyone know the status of the sprite editor that was mentioned here a few months ago?

Unfortunately the author appears to have dropped off the radar screens, so to speak. The last update I know about the would be author apologised for not posting sooner but had been bereaved and would resume working soon. Nothing heard since. This is a great pity.

[This message has been edited by Miner (edited September 14, 2000).]

Comment

Well, I havn't actually gone anywhere, I just havn't had much worth saying.

There has been no signifigant progress on Sprite Workshop. A little, but not much (I got distracted during the summer)

I wasn't planning to post until it was ready to download but since someone asked, I thought I might as well answer.

I will post again when I have something more to report.

Comment

Good to hear from you again - please keep this up! You will have a lot of grateful civers thanking you!

Comment

Just a little progress report.

During the last few days, I've really picked up the pace on Sprite Workshop. The wait is almost over!

Basicly every feature that is going to be in this release is in it. All there is left to do is pick out a few bugs.

As anyone who does programming knows, its impossible to predict how long this will take with certainty, but my estimate is that it will only take a few more days. Then it will be released for all you Civers out there!

Comment

Will there be a Fantastic Worlds version?

Comment

Erm... DV, there are no sprites for FW.....
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

What about a Civ I version?
                main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

If you don't expect to be able to finish it, I'd be willing to pick up the work.

------------------
                  Thus spake the Dragon
                  Thus spake the Dragon

Comment

Will the Sprite Editor also be able to edit the ToT Resource.spr files ?

Comment

No, not in the first release anyway.
                      The animation data is in a different format than normal sprites and I havn't really looked into it yet.
                      I will try to check it out later but I'm going to get this version out first.

I know I said that it would probably be out by now but I've had some school projects to do and there were more bugs that I anticipated but it is still on the way.

Comment

Can you estimate when the editor will be finished?

------------------
                        "There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
                        -Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
                        April 2, 1910

Comment

What is the current status of this project?
                          main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                          i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

*bump*
                            Thus spake the Dragon

Comment

I apologize again for being what must be the most tardy programmer ever. The program has been almost finished for a long time but I keep getting distracted by other projects, new games or school. It will get finished eventually so bear with me. And don't hate me too much

Comment

Working...
                              X