Teleporting Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleporting Scout

I had just starting a new game, mostly just messing arround with differnt game options. About 15 turns in or so, I opened the worldbuilder just to see what kind of world was generated. It was then I noticed I was two squares away from a hut. I looked arround and nearest computer unit was 7 spaces away. I went back into the normal game and went to the next turn.

Much to my surprise, a computer controlled scout suddenly appeared right next to the hut! I reloaded the game and entered the worldbuilder again. Sure enough, there was nothing close by.

I then created a bunch of scouts arround the hut so I could see where the unit was coming from. I went back into the game and sure enough when I went to the next turn, the computer controlled scout appeared right next to the hut.

So, the computer is either teleporting units, or they are getting to move like 8 squares a turn!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Not specifically, but I've heard of things like this where the AI seems to get an unfair advantage. Some might even call it cheating.

I wonder if this is what has happened in your case?
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

I did notice that computer controlled scouting units move erratically, during the few times I reloaded a saved game. Sometimes they would come close to my own scouts, other times not.

I thought they were exploring randomly, though "teleporting" might have something to do with it.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

There are ways the AI cheats. I don't know the ways the AI cheats in civ4. They may know the entire map and the locations of all the rousources from the begining like in civ3.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
        X