Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vassalage + theocracy question

Hi all. First post on these boards

I have played several games, and I have what most of you will think is a noob question :P When I use both vassalage and theocracy civics in a town with a barracks and the state religion I am thinking that my units should have 5 different experience choices, but they do not.

Is my game bugged, or am I misunderstanding what should be available to me? TIA for your reply

Welcome to Poly.

I don't recall the exact XP bonii of Theocracy and Vassalage, but no. With each promotion level gained by a unit, the number of XP needed for the next level increases. So you only need 2 XP for the first promotion; but the next promotion requires 3 more XP, for a total of 5 XP. IIRC the next promotion level is 10, requiring 5 more XP on top of the second level promotion, and the XP needed for the next promotion just keeps increasing from there.

So barracks + either Theocracy or Vassalage should give you 2 promotions, but I think it's impossible to start with any more unless it's a city with one of the XP-giving wonders. (Or unless you're Aggressive and the unit gets free Combat I.)

Comment

Vassalage and theocracy civics in a town with a barracks and the state religion = 8 experience points (XP). That's 2 promotions (at 2XP & 5XP). Next levels are at 10 & 17.

You need a level 4 unit (3 promotions) for Heroic Epic National Wonder (double hammers for military units), and a level 5 unit (4 promotions) to build West Point National Wonder (4 additional XP with units built in that city).
      notes: Unit needs to have taken the promotions to advance in levels (i.e., you cannot save them up and still qualify to build the wonders); qualifying unit can be anywhere, but must survive until wonder is completed (or construction will be suspended).

Comment

Re: vassalage + theocracy question

Originally posted by gcapatch
        Hi all. First post on these boards
        Welcome to 'Poly
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't understand the XP needed for promotion but now I do. Really helpful explanations

Comment

Working...
          X