Crest White Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crest White Strips

Anyone ever used these? (For those who haven't heard of them, they are thin strips with a gel containing, among other things, hydrogen peroxide, meant to whiten teeth).

I bought some the other day to see what they were like after hearing a friend mention them, and they are a ***** to use. They advertise them as something you can use at home, at the office or on the go - you need only apply them twice a day, for 30 minutes at a time. For some reason, I don't imagine many people going into public while wearing these things.

First off, they are a devil to put on. I find it best to dry the teeth first, apply the upper strip first, and then the lower. After that, don't plan on talking or doing much besides sitting, trying not to spit or move your tongue for 30 minutes. Just let the drool collect. On the plus side, I am seeing improvements after only the second day - although you will only see improvements on the first six or so teeth (the strips do not go all the way back).

I wonder if it rips off your enamel too.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

chicks dig my brown teeth.

Comment

Just because they stare longingly at you while you lick your eyebrows doesn't mean they like your brown teeth.

Comment

I think chicks would dig guys who had that kind of toungue reach. sadly, I can't do it.

Comment

Well, that's the hidden subtext of all the Princess meets Frog fairy tales...
            B♭3

Comment

Bleaching your teeth is a sure sign of something.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I feel certain that a gallon of white paint and a really fine paint brush would be cheaper in the long run.

Comment

First 6 teeth only? You must have a real toothy grin if that's not enough. You can't put them "back there"?

I think it's a funny post though.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There is nothing inherently better about white teeth, as long as your teeth are healthy. It's just yet another obsession on appearance.

Having said that, I heard somewhere recently that you should never trust do-it-yourself teeth whitener kits and that the only way to have it done properly and be sure to have lasting results is to have it done by your dentist.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmmm. A new way of whitening teeth you say? It would go great alongside my electric toothbrush, my whitening toothpaste, my postbrushing whitening paste and my anti-plaque and tartar mouthwash.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Just yank the sonsof*****es out, and go with implants.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                          Hmmm. A new way of whitening teeth you say? It would go great alongside my electric toothbrush, my whitening toothpaste, my postbrushing whitening paste and my anti-plaque and tartar mouthwash.

is this all for the same set of teeth or do u have more then one
                          no im kidding.... god thats a lot of work who the hell has time for that, i say get the porcelien veneers and start fresh
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                            There is nothing inherently better about white teeth, as long as your teeth are healthy.
                            Enamel is naturally yellowish. Teeth that looks really white means something bad has happened to your enamel. Not good.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And where did you get this info?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X