Crash on Diplo screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash on Diplo screen

Is there anyway to disable leader animation on diplomacy screen? Or maybe way to improve the performance on this screen?

The reason is because on my current game it crash the game very often on my laptop , and currently the game is around 1000AD. It was not happened so often on my previous games even until the game finished.

I play on huge map, marathon. Lowest graph setting. v1.61
    My laptop is centrino with 1GB ram (500MB available), ATI radeon 9000 32MB.
    Last edited by kiky; June 7, 2006, 07:38.

Re: Crash on Diplomacy screen

Originally posted by kiky
    I play on huge map, marathon. Lowest graph setting. v1.61
    My laptop is centrino with 1GB ram (500MB available), ATI radeon 9000 32MB.
    Consider yourself lucky you can play the game at all! The Radeon 9000 is a pretty crappy card, especially if you're playing Huge maps. I had a 9550, and Large was the best I could manage without crashes. Try playing a smaller map, it will definitely help.

Comment

I have a 9000 and I don't have any *real* problems. There are a few graphical quirks, but I've never crashed. The only time I've seen anything resembling a freeze on the diplo screen is when I trade maps, and that just takes forever and a day but eventually comes around.

Comment

Try playing a smaller map, it will definitely help.
        I've been playing with huge maps. The problem was only when loading the diplomacy screen.

However....

I've found a mod called Static Leaderheads and Movies by NeverMind at CivFanatics.
        What it does is simply replace Leader animation to static image.

Now the diplomacy screen load faster and never crash anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kiky
          The problem was only when loading the diplomacy screen.
          It's all related. You're obviously pushing your video card to the limit, and sooner or later something has to give.

Comment

Working...
          X