Pollution Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution Bug?

I've been playing the extended original game (my spaceship landed 10 years ago) and keep getting a bigger and bigger pollution penalty on my score even when I don't have any polluted squares--the penalty is now up to 120! I have lots of solar plants but I'm beginning to wonder if I have to worry about global warming. This has happened to me before (but not to this extent...has anyone else had this problem?

I had the same problem. Even after having cleaned all the pollution, my pollution level stayed at the maximum and I had lots of global warming. Very annoying!
    Nico

Comment

I've been assuming that the pollution indicator also includes pollution caused by the Ai tribes. Am I incorrect? If I'm right, that could be the cause of your pollution.

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      criticalpaths@mindspring.com
      toby robison

Comment

At least in the original Civ II, AI-generated pollution isn't supposed to count except when they nuke you. Maybe in Test of Time they changed that rule, but I certainly didn't see any pollution in AI territory. By the time I discovered Transcendence (2 turns after I was warned of oncoming global warming, there wasn't much AI territory left and the pollution indicator on the score was stuck at -120 even when there were no polluted squares visible.

Comment

I ran a quick test with the ToT fantasy game, enabling cheat mode, polluting some squares and retiring. Polluted squares in other Ai cities, or outside city limits, were not counted, as Peerless expected.

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

In the Midgard scenario, I ended up with a score of +20 for pollution. Is this another bug? I thought your pollution score would always be negative or zero.

Comment

I repeatedly get a higher pollution number than should be the case, in the extended game. (Version 1.1 to be sure). The AI doesn't count the number of polluted squares correctly. I don't care about the score, but I do about global warming.
              Please fix this in the next patch, if this is really a bug.

------------------
              Hasdrubal's Home.
              Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
              Hasdrubal's Home.
              Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I have a bet... MPS changed the rules for pollution from Pollution Squares to the units of pollution in a city. So if you have pollution still in the city, your pollution will still increase.

Comment

Working...
                X