37-year-old arrested for hiding 15-year-old husband after he escapes Juvi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37-year-old arrested for hiding 15-year-old husband after he escapes Juvi

DOUGLASVILLE, Georgia (AP) -- A 37-year-old woman who married one of her son's 15-year-old friends pleaded guilty to helping her young husband escape from state custody.

Lisa Clark was sentenced Wednesday to two years in jail and three years' probation after entering the plea to two counts of hindering the apprehension of a child.

Clark had denied having anything to do with the boy's escape in February after she had given birth to their child. The boy bolted from a juvenile home and was found in Cleveland.

Assistant District Attorney Jeff Ballew said Clark arranged with a friend to hide the boy in Ohio.

In March, Clark pleaded guilty to charges of statutory rape and was sentenced to nine months in jail. She was also forbidden to have any contact with her teenage husband until at least his 17th birthday.

Clark was arrested in November. A few days earlier, she married the boy under a 1962 law that set the marrying age in Georgia at 16 but made an exception in the case of pregnancy.

Last month, Gov. Sonny Perdue signed a bill that bans teens under 16 from tying the knot. The new law allows 16- or 17-year-olds to wed with the approval of a parent or guardian and a probate judge.

The couple's child is now in the custody of a friend of Clark's.
    So, any psychologists here want to explain why older, moderately attractive women are ****ing and having children with other children?

By the way, if my mother had sex with one of my friends, I'd probably go ape-**** crazy on the friend.

A picture of her - looks like she missed a spot with her liner.

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Where were these ladies when I was fifteen?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Shouldn't this thread have "Ozzy" in the title?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

umm, how is it statutory rape if they are married?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

JM
          Because of the screwy laws in the state of Georgia. Statutory rape, but you can get married if under the age of consent if she is pregnant.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Shouldn't this thread have "Ozzy" in the title?
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

JM
              I'm guessing that, if they were allowed to get married because she was pregnant, the alleged rape took place before they were married. Just a guess.

Comment

Re: 37-year-old arrested for hiding 15-year-old husband after he escapes Juvi

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

So, any psychologists here want to explain why older, moderately attractive women are ****ing and having children with other children?
                Two things may account for it in my mind, and likely it's a combination.

First, a lot of adults are developmentally crippled in some aspect of their personalities. So someone who themselves got abused / pregnant in their early teens may not have moved beyond that level of maturity, which makes teens of their mental age attractive to them on an emotional level. Being a teenager mentally also makes stuff like consequences seem to be no big deal.

Second, strongly narcissistic personalities don't do empathy which is normally the first line of defense against the sexual abuse of children.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                X