New PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shall play as Alexander.

Are we selecting the AI opponents or are they chosen randomly?

Comment

I believe random if no one objects...
      "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
      Check out my Blog!

Comment

Hi,

Do you guys have room for one more? If not, I understand, but if so, I'd like to play Frederick/Germany. I'm in GMT -4 (Michigan / Eastern Daylight Saving Time) and my email is drdeke-civ4@inactivex.net. I can also be found on AIM from time to time as D15Rusty.

This would be my first multiplayer civ4 game but I've been playing it single player for the last few weeks and greatly enjoying it. I was a fanatic for civ1 and civ2 but civ3 came out my freshman year of college and I didn't want to risk it . So I'm really enjoying being back in the civ habit.

-DrDeke

Comment

Michigan?! That is where I am! Anywho, I think we can accept the Doctor, and maybe take out all the AIs, if you guys of course are alright with that!
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

Cool; I was kind of thinking I might have been too late .

As for Michigan; I'm from Kalamazoo originally but now live in Ann Arbor. Used to be a student here, now I've moved on to full-time employment at the University. It's treating me a lot better than full-time studenthood did; I'll say that much .

Anyway, let me know what you guys decide about the game and when to start it. I'm looking forward to it; I haven't enjoyed a computer/video game as much as I have been enjoying civ4 in a long time.

-DrDeke

Comment

Its random civ for me here too! an dim ready.

Just for note, and end a doubt i have, how does the pbem process works? who send the file to who, what to do after each turn, and etc etc etc....

(solrry about this question, but i never played civ on pbem before)

Comment

And what is the difficulty level? "noble-princeish levels" was suggested, both are fine for me.

Comment

DrDeke, my fiancee and I are looking at her going to grad school in Ann Arbor, what is the campus like?
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Smellycowsquid
                    Very well, I think order will then be:
                    Me(EST)-Random or Mansa Musa
                    DrDeke(EST)-Fredrick o' Prussia
                    Metaliturtle(CST)-Random
                    phlucas(CET)-Alexander
                    phbreng(Brazil, 1 before EST)-Random

I believe this would be the wisest order. But if someone else comes up with it, they're welcome to.

PBEM Work?
                    We send it in this order, phlucas sends it to you, you send it to me.
                    Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by phlucas
                      And what is the difficulty level? "noble-princeish levels" was suggested, both are fine for me.
                      Noble fine?
                      Check out my Blog!

Comment

yeah nobley!!
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by phbreng
                          Just for note, and end a doubt i have, how does the pbem process works? who send the file to who, what to do after each turn, and etc etc etc....

(solrry about this question, but i never played civ on pbem before)
                          It's my first Civ PBEM, too. I think I need your e-mail address to send you my saved games.

Comment

Tracker Thread Barbs?

I also regret, I have been called away on weekends during the summer, and thus, will be unable to play then, however I hope we can play one turn a day, and when the summer is over, maybe play on the weekends.
                            Last edited by Smellycowsquid; June 5, 2006, 16:30.
                            Check out my Blog!

Comment

when we end a turn we must post it on the "A Very Very Smelly World [PBEM] " Thread right?

Comment

Yes sir.
                                Well, let me edit and say, after you end and send it to the next person. Then you post.
                                Check out my Blog!

Comment

Working...
                                X