Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flu passes from human to human

Seven Indonesian Bird Flu Cases Linked to Patients

"All seven people infected with bird flu in a cluster of Indonesian cases can be linked to other patients, according to disease trackers investigating possible human-to-human transmission of the H5N1 virus.

A team of international experts has been unable to find animals that might have infected the people, the World Health Organization said in a statement today. In one case, a 10-year- old boy who caught the virus from his aunt may have passed it to his father, the first time officials have seen evidence of a three-person chain of infection, an agency spokeswoman said. Six of the seven people have died.

Almost all of the 218 cases of H5N1 infections confirmed by the WHO since late 2003 can be traced to direct contact with sick or dead birds. Strong evidence of human-to-human transmission may prompt the global health agency to convene a panel of experts and consider raising the pandemic alert level, said Maria Cheng, an agency spokeswoman."

Anyone fear it now?
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy

no
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Terrifying stuffs indeed.

Even worse, the fact that the CDC has been in panic mode (quietly) for some months now....

We'll see what happens.

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

When do I get to start working from home rather than commuting in everyday?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Uh oh. 1918 redux here we come...

Comment

On a morbid note

This may be our solution to the upcoming Socil Security and Medicare shortfalls
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Well, this can't be good.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

BTW, I'm not getting the story on the site you posted.

Comment

The stuff which I heard was that it was possible to pass from human to human but since the virus doesn't live in the upper part of the respitory system it was hard for it to pass from human to human. Hard but possible.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: On a morbid note

Originally posted by pchang
                    This may be our solution to the upcoming Socil Security and Medicare shortfalls

Old people dead=less money wasted for welfare=more apartments for rent=less expensive homes

Birdflu
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Birdflu isn't going to only kill old people, you know.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Thank God I'm about to move to Singapore. If there's one government on earth I trust to deal with this, it's theirs.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Awesome. Asians showing the rest of the world how it's done, succeeding in p2p viral transmission when others have failed!
                          B♭3

Comment

yeah, the young will die too, which will mean no one will supplant me in the workforce!
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              Birdflu isn't going to only kill old people, you know.
                              Maybe it'll kill hippies too.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X