Newb question! Resource trading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb question! Resource trading...

When you are trading resources, for example wine, with another civilization what exactly do you get from it? How does +1 gold and +1 happiness (with winery) apply itself? If the other CIV had a winery they wouldn't need the wine, right, so do they get the happiness? And is "+1 gold" + 1 gold/turn or what?

They get the happiness. You are giving them Wine, not a Winery. Wine provides extra happiness. A winery provides extra gold. You're trading the happiness away.

The extra gold (it's commerce actually, not gold) from the Winery is added to the land tile with the winery. Essentially, it means, most probably, that it goes to your closest city. Really it means that it goes to whichever city is working the winery.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I still don't understand how the commerce part works then. They get the +1 happiness from the wine. What exactly do they get from the +1 commerce? Are you sacrificing a gold per turn to them?

Thanks for answering by the way.

Comment

They only get the happiness. That's it. The commerce boost from Wineries, the production boost from Mines over Copper or Iron, and so on, those all stay for you.

Comment

Excellent! So you are basically just trading excess, unused happiness and/or health, depending on the resource. Thank you very much.

Comment

Yes, you're trading happiness, health or the ability to build some units.

Note, also, that if you have several of a resource, you don't lose anything by trading it. If you have 3 Wines, then one is enough to give you +1 happiness. So you can trade 2 away. If, however, you only have 1 Wines, you can trade it away, but then you'll not have the +1 happy face.

Comment

The +1 commerce just means that the tile with the Winery on it generated 1 more commerce per turn when worked as it would without a Winery, just as a Cottage increases commerce on a tile when built.
              Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

OK, so the winery producing the wine I've just traded gets +1 commerce; but let's imagine I have 3 wineries, each one being worked within a different city, which one gets the +1?
                The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

All of them.
                  Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

So the +1 commerce thing has nothing to do with trading. It's just there as part of the explanation of the resource. I just noticed something as I was playing. When I go to trade marble the ONLY thing it shows when I hover over it is "+1 hammer". This means it does absolutely nothing, when traded, except increase the speed at which marble improvements are built?

Comment

Marble and stone only increase the speed at which some stuff is built, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                      X