Your caffeine consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your caffeine consumption

I hate to say it. But after 2 years off caffeine, I'm back on. . I need some right now, but don't keep any in the house. I'll get some when I get to work. The main reason I got off was I was led to believe it helped reduce anxiety. But I didn't see any noticable effect.

Right now I only drink a little less than 12 oz of diet coke a day. But I'm sure that will be increasing. I used to drink those big 1 liter Mt. Dews. I lived on mt. dew in the navy. and when I'm really tired I go to coffee. Sometimes I drink tea as well.

How much caffeine do you all consume? I'd make it a poll, but am too tired to think of poll options.

Caffeine is much better than other drugs.

I drink Mountain Dew. I used to drink the stuff constantly, but an office job and a lack of small bills has seemed to limit my consumption.

I generally drink about thirty ounces of dew a day. No other caffeine for me.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm still on the diet though. One reason I lost all that weight was because I cut my soda consumption (I also reduced my food intake). I admit falling for one of those internet stories about nutra sweet back in 1999. That's before I learned not to trust anything on the internet. As far as I know, there are no adverse effects of aspartame. though I've heard stuff about memory loss which worries me. But I'll probably just continue drinking diet coke.

Comment

I drink 4 cups of coffee x day. I'm cutting it down to 2.

I don't know how you guys can drink that crap, soft drinks I mean. I like coke or pepsi when I eat junk food, which is quite rare.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Generally zero. I don't go out of my way to avoid it, but I never crave it. I don't often have soft drinks (maybe a glass or two of iced tea a week), can't stand coffee, and only have hot tea if I'm in an Asian restaurant for dinner.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

A lot... a cup of coffee and at least 4-5 Coke Zeros a day.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I usually drink one or two cups of coffee a day. I occasionally drink more than that, when I have to stay up long hours, or when I'm doing commie work (coffee is an excellent prop in a social setting)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

<-- Diet Coke addict.

Comment

I haven't had caffeine or carbonation since 1994
                    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

As I said in the drugs thread, caffeine just don't have any effect on me, so I don't consume it to get the "effect"... I only consume it when I want something nice to drink (like Coca Cola ), which I get about once per week
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                        I haven't had caffeine or carbonation since 1994
                        No coffee, tea (hot or cold), soft drinks, beer, champagne or sparkling water for 12 years?
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I drink decaf earl grey on occasions, but none of the rest, and no chocolate...

Comment

Diet Coke addict.
                            Its probably all the sugar they put in that crap.
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Carbonated water really won't hurt you or do anything to do similar to what caffeine does...

Comment

Working...
                              X