Railroads on impassable terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroads on impassable terrain

If a railroad or road is placed on impassable terrain, can a unit go through the terrain via the road?
    And if so, if the road ends on an impassable terrain, and the adjacent square is impassable, can the unit move to that square?

Since my ice drakes refuse to occupy the roaded, fortressed granite that AI goblin miners have so thoughtfully provided, my answer would be...no.

Don't you just love when the AI does stupid stuff like that???
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah I do. Thanks a lot. Anyway, the reason i was asking is because i was thinking that you could make a very interesting scenario by building a train unit. You'd have to make all of the terrain impassable, and give "pass impassable terrain" to all the units except that one. I now realize that you'd have to build the railroad on at least one passable terrain. Maybe it could be a special "cleared land" terrain or something. Just an idea, guys.

Comment

Well, in the fantasy game you do have something like that; goblin miners and dwarves can both use the (M)ine order to transform impassable bedrock into quite passable tunnels. There's no reason you can't do something like that in your railroad scenario.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Especially if you give the passable terrain a move cost of zero.
          main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
          i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Working...
          X