X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sympony" is spelled symphony.

Otherwise, this is pretty cool

Comment

So what do I need to do to implement this in Warlords?
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

CvDefines.h:
        ==========
        #define NUM_CITY_PLOTS (37) // (57)4square // (21) // *TOM*
        #define CITY_HOME_PLOT (0)
        #define CITY_PLOTS_RADIUS (3) // (4) // (2) // *TOM*

CvGlobals.cpp:
        ============
        int aiCityPlotX[NUM_CITY_PLOTS] =
        {
        0, 1, 1, 1, 0,-1,-1,-1,
        0, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-2,-2,-1,
        0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-3,-3,-3,-2,-1
        // 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-3,-4,-4,-4,-3,-2,-1
        }; // first 3 lines original, further lines by *TOM*

int aiCityPlotY[NUM_CITY_PLOTS] =
        {
        1, 1, 0,-1,-1,-1, 0, 1,
        2, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-2,-2,-1, 0, 1, 2,
        3, 3, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-3,-3,-3,-2,-1, 0, 1, 2, 3
        // 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0,-1,-2,-3,-4,-4,-4,-3,-2,-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

int aiCityPlotPriority[NUM_CITY_PLOTS] =
        {
        1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2,
        3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4,
        5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6
        // 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8

int aaiXYCityPlot[CITY_PLOTS_DIAMETER][CITY_PLOTS_DIAMETER] =
        /* { {-1, -1, -1, 51, 52, 53, -1, -1, -1,},
        {-1, -1, 50, 32, 33, 34, 54, -1, -1,},
        {-1, 49, 31, 17, 18, 19, 35, 55, -1,},
        {48, 30, 16, 6, 7, 8, 20, 36, 56,},
        {47, 29, 15, 5, 0, 1, 9, 21, 37,},
        {46, 28, 14, 4, 3, 2, 10, 22, 38,},
        {-1, 45, 27, 13, 12, 11, 23, 39, -1,},
        {-1, -1, 44, 26, 25, 24, 40, -1, -1,},
        {-1, -1, -1, 43, 42, 41, -1, -1, -1 }
        }; // *TOM*
        */
        {
        {-1, -1, 32, 33, 34, -1, -1,},
        {-1, 31, 17, 18, 19, 35, -1,},
        {30, 16, 6, 7, 8, 20, 36,},
        {29, 15, 5, 0, 1, 9, 21,},
        {28, 14, 4, 3, 2, 10, 22,},
        {-1, 27, 13, 12, 11, 23, -1,},
        {-1, -1, 26, 25, 24, -1, -1}
        }; // *TOM*

/* {
        {-1, 17, 18, 19, -1,},
        {16, 6, 7, 8, 20,},
        {15, 5, 0, 1, 9,},
        {14, 4, 3, 2, 10,},
        {-1, 13, 12, 11,-1,}
        }; // original
        */

and change CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE to 5000 the GlobalDefines.xml so you can see all plots in cityscreen. You might try 4squareCities and raise CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE but thats getting confusing because you see almost only clouds ;-) ... GL

Comment

Thanks for the code, but do I need any sort of utility to edit/compile the files?

(edit)

Crap, it's C++. Any options for us non-C-capable types?
          Last edited by Ijuin; October 2, 2006, 12:08.
          Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

The Source Code is in C++ so you'll need to set up the sdk:

Make a backup before you change sth. GL & HF

Comment

Newb here

Expanding to 3 squares is all well and good - but if you are playing single player won't this mess up the computer players since the A.I. is built around expecting a 2 tile radius? There are 3 potential points of conflict - terrain improvements, population unit assignment, and the distance the A.I. puts between its cities.

Comment

That's only the min distance! I don't actually know if the code recognizes how many squares a city has, but if you also increase the distance to 3 or 4 (XML) as well, there isn't any problem. ;-)

Comment

*deleted inane question*

I had the idea to put the restriction that tiles outside the 21 core tiles can only be worked if they have a road leading to the city. Exception: coast and ocean tiles. Do you think such a mod would be feasible? It would be the same check that is used for being able to use the special resource at all.
                  Last edited by dnewhous; November 10, 2006, 22:32.

Comment

This looks like an interesting mod. I wonder what would happen if a the city radius was variable and depended on certain conditions. That is, a radius of 1 for brand new cities (sorta like how it is now), a radius of 2 after some milestone, a radius of 3 after some other event, plus a radius of 4 and 5 for really old or prosperous cities, with maybe even the possibilities of 6 and 7 cities for players that want to make an uber-city.

Now the question is really what conditions would be appropriate? I think hitting population such that 75% of the tiles can be worked is sufficient, but it can also be trigged by culture (making culture slightly more useful), having a certain number of buildings, having a certain building, or other means.
                    Mylon Mod - Adressing game pace and making big cities bigger.
                    Inquisition Mod - Exterminating heretic religions since 1200 AD

Comment

Only thing is you would have to completely alter the hapy and health caps to get the game to really have those uber cities.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yes, it would certainly be interesting to play with, but would probably involve changing the rules, ie, tech rate, map size and all the caps and benefits buildings grant.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey, has there been a version made of this for Warlord 2.08...it would be interesting to have a play around with and adapt the rules as necessary to try and get it to work...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It would be good to have workable tile range perhaps tied in with cultural expansion, like it does in the early part of the game (from 9 to 21). But perhaps you need to expand TWO more cultural levels to reach the next range and so on and/or have to build certain improvements and/or build a wonder - the improvement/wonder having a tech pre-requisite for later in the game, in fact, being able to work with radius 3 maybe should be held to quite a bit late in the game.

Ok, having written that down, I would probably like to change how the radius thing works by slowing it down initially.

Perhaps to go from 9 to 21 workable squares you have to build (say) a granary. Also, your border still have to cover the squares as well.

Then, there could be another building further down the track to expand to radius 3.

On top of this, perhaps WAAAY down the track, you could discover a tech which lets two cities work on the same squares where there is an overlap!

Radius could also be affected by civics even.
                            Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; February 14, 2007, 02:14.
                            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Thread Necomancer!

I once found the XML location to make 3 tile cities, but have long since lost it. Anyone know where it is for BTS?
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Try this:
                                Readme for Enhanced Sized Cities 1.13 ------------------------------------- This is a mod for Civilization 4 with Beyond the Sword, version 3.17. Not meant to be used with any other version of the game. General changes: ----------------...
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X