All the King's Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the King's Men

I am looking for a few good men to help me run a nation. This is not a PBEM or succession game but rather a single player game run by several people. I will play the turns but decisions will be made by a group of ministers. Positions available are as follows:

King - Plays the turns and is in charge of the capital city. I am the king.

Minister of Public Works - Controls workers and decides what improvements, if any, tiles will get. Governors may ask the minister of public works to improve tiles depending on his/her needs.

Minister of Defence - Controls all military units and conducts warfare should it be necessary. The minister of defence may not declare war.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Conducts diplomacy with other nations. This minister can declare war, make peace, decide whether open borders are a good idea, and so on. This minister may not trade technology or trade resources and luxuries.

Minister of Trade and Internal Affairs- Takes care of money matters, decides what trades are possible or good, sets the science and luxury rates. This minister also sets civics.

Minister of Culture and Technology - In charge of technological progress. Guides science progress and begs the minister of finance for more money. This minister also chooses the state religion, trades techs (or not) with other nations, and decides what to do with Great People.

The first city will be governed by the king (me), the second city will be governed by the minister of public works, the third city by the minister of defence, and so on. Any player may request that a certain building or unit be constructed in another minister’s city but nobody can be forced to produce anything they don’t like.

I will look at each turn before I play and post what decisions need to be made. I will then wait for your decisions before playing the turn. Any player may make suggestions concerning a particular decision that needs to be made but the minister in charge will have final say.

We will play on the large inland lake map (is that what it’s called?) on noble level. The map will be large.

Please let me know if there are any questions and I’ll update this page.

We need 6 players in total.

King – Masuro
    Minister of Public Works –
    Minister of Defence –
    Minister of Foreign Affairs –
    Minister of Trade and Internal Affairs –
    Minister of Culture and Technology –
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Have you checked out the Single Player Democracy Game?
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I was hoping for a small game with just a few participants.

Comment

If only I had more time. You should set up an advetisment thread in the C4SP DG Forum with a link to this thread. There are many players there that are looking for something to do.
        The Sherrin Foundation
        Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Hi Mas,

Ive been pointed to this thread by a good friend, I have to say it intrigues me and i would probably enjoy this had i enough time, but it is perhaps a bit too revolutionary !

The idea seems to be a melding of team and SP demo games with a dose of PBEM and succesion gaming thrown into the mix, as i say it intrigues me but I have my doubts it would work.

However the main reason for my non participation right now is time, so i wont be joining.

I will however watch this space closely and follow events keenly, probably wishing id got in on it in the first place

Good Luck with this
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Maybe, but It's gonna be summer break soon, won't be around on the weekends...
            "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

I am interested in this, however I feel too inexperienced in the different minister roles that you've established. Has anyone joined this? I would almost prefer to participate in a turnchat (or something similar) and examine the saves and give a different opinion. I tend to think outside the box which leads to fantastic successes and miserable failures with few "pretty goods" in the middle.
              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Alas, no one has joined. I suppose it's a combination of lack of time and no interest in the idea.
                If we get a few people we might combine some of the positions and try it.

Comment

Masuro, with the coming of the summer, I will have time for this idea... only on weekdays, though...
                  "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                  Check out my Blog!

Comment

There doesn't seem to be much interest and I will be travelling to Canada this summer so I think I'll just abandon the idea. Thanks for your interest, though.

Comment

If you're still interested, I'd join.

Comment

Working...
                      X