Terra map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra map

Looking for players for a Terra map game, max 6 players no AI with Raging barbs. Map size standard or large depending on number of players.

I wont harrass players to do a turn a day but three plus turns a week would be preferable, of course more would be a bonus

Please suggest settings etc
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

If map size stays at standard --> (low-spec portable here)

rocky "climate", permanent alliances on and captured cities can culture-convert back are my suggested settings.

How about random civs for the players?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Hi Geo welcome aboard

is this place on a go slow, seems hard to attract players lately ?

Standard map it is rocky climate sounds good, but not sure about permanent alliances, will give it some thought and see what others think, if there will be any that is
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I'll get in on this... I agree, standard size.

I'm not sure about the permanent alliances either...

Comment

Why not?

For starters, the possibility only exists late in the game, and if gives a few minor struggling civs a chance against the top dog.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I dunno... I'm just leery about it, that's all. But I'm not STRONGLY opposed to it... if you feel strongly about it and nobody else has a serious concern, then I'm ok...

Should we start with just 3?

Comment

Welcome aboard Canuck77

Geo, its not that Im against Permanent Alliances, its just that I did not envisage it necesary in a game with only 5 or 6 human players. We may have to wait some time to get 5 or 6 players so if we throw in a bunch of AI with the three of us then perhaps Perm Alliances would be good to have.

I will hang on for at least 24 hours maybe 48 to see if there are any more interested in this game.

Im ok with random civs too, Canuck77 ?

Comment

Care to take on a newbie? Will be my first online Civ4 game. Are you playing Pitboss or PBEM?

Comment

PBEM.
                  And leaving the option open never harms I think. It's not because it is available that it will be used, but its IMO one of those things that can keep things interesting to the end.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Cool.

ronnykriste@yahoo.co.uk

Count me in!

Comment

Welcome aboard LotharTheSwede

That makes us 4, I reckon that will do but if we have the permanent alliances on i think we should have some AI too;

So far set up looks like this,

Standard map Terra, rocky, medium sea level, raging barbs, Permanent alliances enabled, and cities culture convert back enabled.

4 human random selected civs, with 3 random AI.

Please post here any other settings you fancy, or civ choices if you dont want a random pick !

If no other takers come forth by midday my time tomorrow ill set this up and get us started

If another player does show ill drop one of the AI

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Practicalities: my turns can be emailed to xxGeoModderATtelenetDOTbeyy (without the xx's and yy's of course )
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Canuck77 can you give me your email addy

Comment

But of course.

I'll send it off in a PM to you right now.

I have two civs that I prefer to use, but I'll randomize if you guys want...

Comment

Working...
                              X