X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up Sleepyheads

Top 5 Weirdest Alarm Clocks
    March 20, 2006 - 01:16 AM : Related Entries - Other Stuff

Alarm clocks come in all shapes and sizes. But we are not featuring your regular alarm clock which only buzzes to wake you up. These are the nastiest wake up machines which will wake you up no matter what.

At No 5 is The Sfera Alarm Clock pictured above hangs from the ceiling above your bed. When the alarm clocks you can easily up and touch it to activate the snooze function. But after this the clock retracts towards the ceiling. So the next time you have to reach a little higher to activate snooze again and get 10 minutes of sleep. To turn off the alarm you have to reach for it and drag it back to your bed, which will turn off the alarm and forcing you to get up.
    List continues after the jump

No 4 - Rumbling Alarm clock
    The Anemone clock challenges a person when awakening. The twist to this clock is that when the alarm goes off the clock rumbles intensely, therefore making it a little harder to find the off switch. The clock also bounces away from the origin, due to the rumbling, thus creating another challenge of getting out of bed and chasing the clock around the room, kind of like a pet. After capturing the clock, one must hold on to the clock while the clock rumbles the person awake.

No 3 - Clocky Alarm clock
    Clocky is an alarm clock for people who have trouble getting out of bed. If you hit the snooze button clocky will fire it's engines and roll of the nightstand, fall on the floor and run around the room, searching for a place to hide where you cannot shut it up. So when it rings again you have no choice but to get up and find it. It hides in a new place everytime so you are guranteed to get up.

No 2 - Blowfly Flying Alarm Clock
    Many sleepers experience that after they turn off the alarm clock they go on sleeping. One thing that sometimes wakes you up at night and prevents you from sleeping is the mosquito or blowfly when flying around your room. The Blowfly alarm clock works like a Blowfly. At the desired time it flies off from it's cage and starts flying and making an irritating buzzing sound around you. The only way to stop it is to wake up catch it and put it back in the cage.

No 1 - Puzzle Alarm clock
    At the top of the alarm clock is a puzzle made up of four pieces. It wakes up with the alarm and by firing the four puzzle pieces in the air. Until you put them back in order the alarm wont go off. So now you have to ge up search and put them back in order. Any kid can also solve a four piece puzzle set but at 6 in the morning it is taxing even on a MIT professor. So by the time you solve the puzzle you are wide awake.

Giving anyone an idea for a gag gift?
    One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

I like numbers 1 and 5.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I don't need an alarm clock.

but if I did need one, #1 would be the best choice.

Comment

I also like 1 and 5... I think 1 is the most effective, but 5 is also fun with the snooze option because sometimes you just need it.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Why would anyone need snooze?

just set your alarm clock 4 minutes (or 10 depending on what the snooze is set at) later.

Comment

I'm considering 2 or 3 for my youngest son. Lil whelp won't get outta bed some mornings to get ready for school in time.

Only problem with Clocky (#3). His room is such a disaster now he would likely never find it and leave for school with me left to find the lil bugger to shut it off.

Comment

I've had a tendency to rip alarm clocks out of the wall and toss them across the room without being fully conscious. They need to make a clock bolted to the wall....
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

this wouldn't happen if you guys got sufficient sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                  I've had a tendency to rip alarm clocks out of the wall and toss them across the room without being fully conscious. They need to make a clock bolted to the wall....
                  Or ones that run off the bedside table and hide from you causing you to chase the lil b*stard before you can shut it off thereby raising your adrenaline level enough to wake you up. Oh wait... they already made one like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X