Can I change teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change teams?

I'm stupid. I wanted to join a team with the purpose of watching the game and learning how to play better from the discussions, occasionaly adding my 2 cents. I played Vox in the Civ3 game so I asked to join them without thinking about it too much, but the team is very small and almost no discussion is being done.

It's only turn 3. No plans were made. I promise to not say a word about Vox's starting position and I never intended to be a very active player so it wont matter to Vox if I leave.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

I think it matters more to a small team if you leave than a big team.
    no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
      I think it matters more to a small team if you leave than a big team.
      It could, if I had been a very active, experienced player. But I'm not. In this game, i'm almost always a lurker.

Edit: I edited out the 3 posts I made in the Vox forums and left the group so that I'm not exposed to any additional information.

Second Edit: I left the group but the little icon near my nickname still shows up.

Third Edit: Ok, it's gone.
      Last edited by Eli; May 1, 2006, 09:19.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Since you saw what the Vox start looks like I would say you need to wait a while before joining another team. Perhaps until Vox's map is traded to another team.

Comment

yeah, most people weren't following what was going on when we started playing

but there is more discussion coming out now.. and I think that it will continue to grow

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
            Since you saw what the Vox start looks like I would say you need to wait a while before joining another team. Perhaps until Vox's map is traded to another team.
            Waiting until 2007?

As far as "information safety" is concerned, it doesnt actually matter whether i'm in another team or in no team at all.

Look on it this way:
            If i'm dishonest and want to cheat and tell everyone(or someone) all about Vox's starting location, how does not being in any team will stop me?

If i'm honest, then I'll keep my promise and there's no reason why I shouldnt join a different team.

So there's nothing to gain by not allowing me to play with another team.

Comment

Unless Vox approves you going to another team (and should approve the specific team), you may not change teams until that team possesses Vox' map. Regardless of your intentions, you DO know more than a non-voxian would know about their start, and it's hard to completely forget things.

I would suggest rejoining vox and being patient. They were hit harder by the 2 month delay in the patch than anyone; but between the new blood, and McMeadows rejoining as a fairly active player, they're seeing more activity now than they had in the past. I'm not saying they'll be the most active team out there, but I suspect they'll have a reasonable level of activity over the course of the game.
              Last edited by snoopy369; May 1, 2006, 12:25.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Unless Vox approves you going to another team (and should approve the specific team), you may not change teams until that team possesses Vox' map.

Ok. What do you say Voxians? I want to join GS since they are the largest and were very active in the Civ3 game, but if there's a problem with them then I'll happily go to the ACers or Sarantium.

Comment

Well, I think I speak for all Voxians to say that I'm sad you want to leave, and if you rejoin, I think you'll find more good discussion going on. As for joining another team, we'll have to discuss that privately.
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

Ahhh, screw it. Let's not waste time on these stuff, there's the SPDG and the Intersite DG and that will be more than enough.

I'll watch the game from Vox. Sorry for bothering you all.

/me kicks himself for being so dense.

Comment

I don't think this thread title reflects what's going on in this thread... I'm going to split it off into a new thread of this discussion
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X