Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Usurpers/Hive
    2. Hive
    3. Pirates (I think they are overlooked)
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Industry is good, but it's not everything. The hampered start due to poor research is really very limiting, and can absolutely cripple you if you start in a bad spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
            Industry is good, but it's not everything. The hampered start due to poor research is really very limiting, and can absolutely cripple you if you start in a bad spot.
            Precisely. If a small map with land they can easily be rushed. Uni or Cyborgs with an eye towards impact rover rushing can take them down toot sweet in such a situation.

Not that I'm saying Freee droens aren't awesome its just they need a bit of time to build up momentum And god forbid anyone is stupid enough to trade them technology in the early game.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

CEO Aaron & Ogie Oglethorpe are correct. I was originally responding to a thread about pop booming when I remarked about the power of the Free Drones. What I should have said is that if the Drones survive to the stage where they can pop boom then they become very dangerous. And, of course, survival for them is much more likely the larger the map. Since I always play on huge maps I'm guilty of sloppy thinking in my previous post.

Comment

The question requires the predicate of what level difficulty is being played. At higher levels, free talents and higher efficiency really help.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yes but there's situations where every faction has weaknesses so obviously it's best to generalise overall strength and adaption to most scenarios
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

99% of smax pbem games are played on transcend.
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Is it time for another faction ranking thread?

Heres my current opinion:

Uni
                      Hive + Drones
                      Morgan (Skill and luck)
                      PKs, Cyborgs, Gaia
                      Angels, Spartans, Morgan (No skill, bad luck)
                      Believers
                      Pirates

Cult

Comment

What do you mean by the luck and skill comments?
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

"How much longer until my bases are gonna grow past size 4 dammit !"

Comment

Haha, that too.

But seriously, the Morganites are probably the faction that you can least afford to go braindead on. Masses of micromanagement needed to play well, while dodging the support penalty. Features like the Size 4 issue make them the most different faction from baseline.

Comment

What about Lal?

* Inside track on the government (free infiltration!)

* Can easily pop-boom or go +1 per square (Yang has problems with both, so I have a hard time seeing him on top)

* Larger bases (9/7 = 128% productivity in pre-Hab bases)

* Extra Talents (post-hab, enjoys the equiv. of FOUR HGPs. What other faction bonus gives you the equivilent of a *****n' SP four times over?
                              "While there is an underclass, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -- Eugene V. Debs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                                Good to see you again, bro.
                                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X