Ridiculous Civ Action (Screenies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3640BC!!

Woohoo, another turn, I had to see what Steve would discover in the hut!

Well, good sirs, it was 32 Gold, useful since we can do some defecit spending for a while to get a key early era tech, would've liked bronze working a lot more though...

Growth in 2 turns, I'm gonna play the next turn too, nothing worth posting a screenshot yet.

---------
    3600 BC
    ---------

Steve's band of stalwart gents breaks across the tundra in order to speed their reaching of the western coast and to continue along the previously planned route.

One more turn until growth!

---------
    3560 BC
    ---------

Buddhism founded in a distant land!

City grows bigger!

now that we have more people working, we get more hammers, which are priceless here right now. With Hunting in 2 turns and work boat in 3 we will be able to start work on that scout immediately.

Steve moves back into the borders (fat X) of Silverton, just west of the mountain.

Ending turn and playing on!!

---------
    3520BC
    ---------

Steve moves onto the spices tile. He collects some to give to his wife, the woman really hasn't been that good of a cook ever anyway, maybe this will help...

Hunting next turn!
    Work boat in 2 turns! Once this is built we will sacrifice production for the growth and commerce of the fish tile, so keep an eye out for it

Ending turn and... Playing on!!!

---------
    3480BC
    ---------

Hunting discovered!

Roosevelt heads out into the woods with some of his buddies, unfortunately the only wild game nearby is of a bovine nature, and while they eat good, they are upset that the cows did not even run away...

Archery next (in 7 turns) but I think the work boat will decrease that amount of time. If it doesn't we won't be working that water tile just yet.

Steve is 4 turns away from the western goodie hut.

Work Boat next turn
    Growth in 10 turns.

Ending turn and .... you guessed it ... Playing on!!!

---------
    3440 BC
    ---------

Work Boat completed, the fisheries are in place, 5 food 2 commerce per turn. We'll have our scout in 7 turns because our city will grow in 4 turns, and archery goes from 6 turns away to 5 which is right before the scout will be completed! How con veeeeeen ient!!

So let's see what Steve-o is up to. He's completed his exploration of the southern end of our land, and is heading for that other hut.

Ending turn and, well I'm just having too much fun with this, Just ONE MORE TURN!!!!

---------
    3400 BC
    ---------

Not much happens this turn. Steve moves closer to the hut and....

We have some stone and some lions!! Guess which one I'll take advantage of first. Steve is too valuable to lose, so he'll be moving into the cultural borders next turn.

Scout in 6 turns
    Growth in 3 turns
    Archery in 4 turns

Top 5 cities:

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddd....

Ending turn posting save, this gameplay should breed comments, which in turn should breed more gameplay Thank you for reading!
    Attached Files
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

3360 BC

The Rooseveltians have seen their first taste of the wild barbarians. Steve is about to return to the homelands for the first time, but first I must do something I overlooked.

Moving the workforce to the forest plains cuts production in half with growth remaining the same!! w00p w00p!

The Lion went away for some Reason so Steve is just going to move north (8) and see if he comes back, this means we'll hit the hut right when the city grows, which will be cool. Hopefully it can give us a tech, otherwise experience would be next helpful, then a warrior, then gold, then a scout, and finally barbarians, those would be least helpful.

Ending Turn and playing another!

---------
      3320 BC
      ---------

And the hut gives.... 36 gold!! Wealthiest Civ here we come!

Steve's gonna start heading towards the site for Silverton next because the Scout will be here soon. City growth next turn!!

Ending Turn and playing another!!

---------
      3280 BC
      ---------

Oops! Accidentally moved Steve to the stone site and guess who is next door!

This is less than ideal... hopefully he'll survive the lion attack, if not our settler production might have to be scrapped for workers and archers.

Speaking of production

Scout in 2 turns
      City growth again in 7 turns
      Archery next turn!

Ending Turn... Praying for Steve... and

---------
      3240 BC
      ---------

The lion ran away!! Cowardly lion hahahahaha Steve is fine and will begin his trek (for real this time) to Silverton.

Archery was discovered, and now we are researching Animal Husbandry, which will be complete in 8 whole turns!

Ending Turn and playing another

---------
      3200 BC
      ---------

Wiggles the scout is born!! He sets off westward while Steve returns home for some chittlins.

Settler in 13 turns, followed by Archer spam! mmmm archer spam. I'm really hoping that Wiggles finds some huts though!

Ending turn and playing another!!

---------
      3160 BC
      ---------

Well, Wiggles finds a river and calls it the Roosevelt River. Perhaps it will one day be a suitable city site for a people as prestigious as the Americans!

Steve continues his slog through the trees on his way back to Silverton.

Ending turn and.... Playing another!

---------
      3120 BC
      ---------

Wiggles crosses the Roosevelt!

It's decided that Wiggles will explore the river to it's end.

Steve will be sittin' on piggies after he moves next turn. A good place to bust up fog from to be sure!

Animal Husbandry in 5 turns!
      Settler in 11 turns!
      Border expansion in 28 turns!

Ending Turn! Playing another! Exclaimation Marks are fun!

---------
      3080 BC
      ---------

Mansa in da house!!

We out score him though which is a good sign. Also he doesn't have a religion. Isabella probably beat him to it.

Wiggles continues to explore along the Roosevelt, which has shifted from running North South to East West. Guess who he meets!

Well, at least it's not human. We will hope that the forest will provide enough defense for Wiggles or that will have been my shortest exploratory journey of all time!

Steve will be at Silverton next turn.

Ending turn and playing another!

---------
      3040 BC
      ---------

Victory!

Wiggles decides to stay here and heal for 3 turns.

Steve arrives in Silverton and starts digging foundations so the Settlers can have stronger homes. Mining will definitely be the next tech we research.

Settler in 9
      Animal Husbandry in 3
      Wiggles better in 3

Mansa is only two points behind us, and since we have archery we must assume he have archery, so we make nice with Mansa! Skirmisher rushes sux0rz!

Ending Turn and playing another

---------
      3000 BC
      ---------

More lions after Wiggles, he crosses the river in order to be better able to survive, a woodsman promotion will go his way if he does.

Steve fortifies in Silverton!

2 Turns for AH

Ending Turn and playing on!

---------
      2960 BC
      ---------

Wiggles wins the battle! Drops down to .5 Woods I puts him back to .7 and he's healing for 3 turns again.

Steve is still keeping it real

AH Next turn!

Roosevelt starts wearing Lionskin suits and it catches on among the American public! Lookin' good America!

Ending turn and playing another!

---------
      2920 BC
      ---------

Well, AH is discovered, and there are horsies just SW of Metaliturtleton's borders.

Wiggles is still healing and Steve is still keepin' it real.

Ending turn, posting the save. Please comment guys.
      Attached Files
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Enjoying reading this mate keep up the good work
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Have played up to 3720

where you got the map to see ice, they gave me gold

so the story starts to change for this viewer
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Roomie turned the random seed off, probably best to just dl the new save and play from there.

Comment

Keep up the good work...
              "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
              Check out my Blog!

Comment

Nice one mate, excellent reading and very interesting !!!

Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Well, I'm gonna put in 10-20 turns on this game and see how it comes out, as always strategy advice is encouraged.

Comment

2880 BC

Well to open her off, there's a flashing end turn deal going on so I'm gonna end turn, taking us straight into....

---------
                    2840 BC
                    ---------

Wiggles is chillin' in the trees and who does he come across but our favorite mongolian madman... Genghis!

"I forsee war in the eyes of America." President Roosevelt said at the latest public address. The citizens still feel as if that's hundreds of years in the future, the Mongolians, after all, only have scouts...

Looked at the city to see if we wanted to swap production for commerce and maybe get mining a turn sooner, since we can't use the mining right away we won't adjust anything

End Turn

---------
                    2800 BC
                    ---------

Wiggles, fresh off the last injury gets attacked by jaguars this time during the break, .6/1.0 health, he'll cross the river then heal 4 turns.

Settler and Mining both in 3 turns.

End Turn

---------
                    2760 BC
                    ---------

Well, Wiggles lost the rounding game and it says he needs 5 turns to heal, so be it.

Nothing else exciting happened, Settler and Mining in 2 turns

End Turn

---------
                    2720 BC
                    ---------

Mongol Scout sighted outside of Metaliturtleton, people confused that it is not wiggles run and hide when they see the distorted features of Genghis and his people.

Mansa surpasses us in score, he has discovered somthing big or built a settler/ city, we'll outshine him soon though.

End Turn

---------
                    2680 BC
                    ---------

Well, the Silverton Settler is built, and will be tromping down to its new city site. Mining is discovered and Bronze Working becomes the tech of primary importance. Mongolian scout is actually helping to keep the barbarians at bay right now, so the Silverton Settler should have an easy go of it.

Growth in 5 turns in Metaliturtleton, followed by an archer then a worker to take advantage of the moocows and the grassy hill, maybe chop the defenses for the next 2 towns or begin to turn it into a GP pumper.

End Turn

---------
                    2640 BC -The first Red Scare
                    ---------

Guess who pays us a visit THIS turn? Chairman MAO!!

What's up with that thing on his face anyways?

Silverton will be founded in 2 turns!

Wiggles is challenged to a friendly boxing match, but the foreigners cheat and bring 3 times as many representatives as the USA, luckily Wiggles is like Rocky, and will come back to tie in the end

That is pretty much it, ending the turnio

---------
                    2600 BC
                    ---------

The settlers of Silverton have finally arrived at their location, next turn will bring our first non-capital screenshot of a city!

Wiggles is healthy next turn!

Decide to take the gamble and sacrifice one turn of production to gain a new citizen in 2 turns.

Summary of Tech, Cities, etc. next turn

---------
                    2560 BC
                    ---------

Just look at the production on this city that the one turn focused on growth did:

Before:

After:

So, it looks like we got to have our cake and eat it too! Scooby Dooby doo!

Tech Summary!
                    -------------------
                    We'll have the power of the chop in 8 turns!

Cities!
                    --------
                    Metaliturtleton: The above pictures are of this fine city on the coast.

Silverton: Joy! New City!

Silverton actually slowed our research, but it will be back up to snuff when the worker they're building attacks those piggies.

Etc!
                    -----
                    Wiggles' most recent explorations!

That was fun, added a whole MB to my uploaded file sizes...

Anywho

End Turn

---------
                    2520 BC
                    ---------

Not much happening, Wiggles discovers China's borders, our currently closest neighbor since they're the only one whose borders we can actually see.

We're losing one gpt due to Silverton, but they'll make it up I'm guessing

End Turn

---------
                    2480 BC
                    ---------

The final turn of this dealie. Wiggles is on a forested plains hill outside of china, preparing for a lion attack.

Metaliturtleton builds an archer, his name? Reginald P. Advantage!

Posting save!

--------------------

Thank you for reading this, if you would kindly inform myself and the other readers how you might proceed from here, feel free to let us know, it will increase all of our skill and help all of us become better players, writers, and Civvers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

MT: I always read.

Didn't say anything, or play, just because these days I play much less... in the forum and preparing my chess/go boards to study UnO military moves.

But I will, not now, but I will.

Best regards,

Comment

Gonna put this on hold until my presidency is over... not enough time

Check out the SPDG though!

Comment

see ya soon
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'm done being prez so this is back in action, playing right now!!!

Comment

Back in the Saddle

Well to kick things off I thought I'd refresh myself as to the game:

Ok, so on to the game:

That's what the world looks like, gonna end the turn of 2480BC and get going once more.

Remember, any advice, strategy, monkeys, funny pictures, etc. I appreciate. Do not be shy, even if you are a new person

First off, during the break wiggles killed a Barbarian Lion, and wasn't hurt a bit!

---------
                              2440BC
                              ---------

He found a hut too!

Reginald P. Advantage fortifies his glorious army in the woods southwest of Metaliturtleton, just phase 1 of our madcat defensive net. Those barbs won't know what hit them and our promotions will be inexcuseable by the end of the game I'm certain.

Workforce in Metaliturtleton adjusted to get faster population growth. Slavery may be in America's history yet again

City Report
                              --------------
                              Metaliturtleton:
                              Growth: 5 turns
                              Archer: 5 turns
                              Cultural expansion: 11 turns

Silverton:
                              Growth: Stagnant due to worker
                              Worker: 12 turns
                              Cultural expansion: NONE

Technological stuff:
                              Bronze Working in 4 turns

That's about it, Ending Turn.

In the in-between...
                              Wiggles gets attacked by lion, gets woodsmanII promotion .2 health
                              ---------
                              2400BC
                              ---------
                              Despite poor health, wiggles rushes the hut for the goodies it contains. Brent the Warrior is born!

...and that's about it, Brent moves 9 to deal with the jaguar, hopefully it doesn't attack wiggles.

Ending Turn.

In the in-between...
                              Wiggles gets killed by the jaguar

---------
                              2360BC
                              ---------
                              Brent seeks vengeance! He kills the jag and gets 1xp.

Ending Turn

---------
                              2320 BC
                              ---------
                              Brent moves 9 again gonna head back towards Metaliturtleton to find a good next city site.

Ending Turn

---------
                              2280BC
                              ---------
                              "President Roosevelt!"

"What is it?"

"Sir, we've discovered how to make use of a metal known as Bronze! If we find a source of copper perhaps we can create powerful axe-wielding men who can crack the skulls of our enemies!"

"Indeed, it is a good thing, but we must remember to speak softly while we carry these large metalified sticks!"

"Very good Mr. President."

So Bronze Working has been discovered, but alas we are unable to find any copper! Mayhaps Brent could discover us some.... but instead of copper he finds Bananas and jaguars!

The decision is made to switch to slavery after the archer is built.
                              so 1 turn.

Ending Turn

---------
                              2240BC
                              ---------
                              Archer born in Metaliturtleton, we name him Spiny.

Brent moves 3 on his way back towards Metaliturtleton, the Jaguar did not attack him

City Report
                              --------------
                              Anarchy!

Foreign Relations:
                              Genghis has Slavery too, Dangerous!!
                              China is getting a little too comfy around Americans.

Ending Turn

---------
                              2200BC
                              ---------
                              Brent moves to a hill 3 and finds horses AND bananas.

Spiny moves to the Apolycows space.

State of the Nation:
                              -------------------------
                              City Report:
                              ---------------
                              Metaliturtleton:
                              Growth: 5 turns
                              Archer: 7 turns
                              Border Expansion: 6 turns
                              Focus on food production/growth, this will be a slave town.

Silverton:
                              Worker: 7 turns

Tech Report:
                              Pottery: 5 turns, next either Iron working or horsie riding, we need military.

World Resources:

World Culture:

New Land/China:

Demographics!:

I hope you enjoyed this update!
                              Attached Files

Comment

GREAT JOB, zoom a little closer sometimes too
                                make the graffic appear more clearly
                                Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Comment

Working...
                                X