Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the save!
    Attached Files
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

thanks MT, the people need good reading / picture stories
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Wow metalturtle, your writing skills have really improved in the last couple of years since I read one of your stories. Must be part of the religious conversion package.
        Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

...Or part of the writing 40+ pages per week of research reports
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

3840 BC

Steve the warrior is at it again, finishing off the new city which has been unanimously decided to be called Silverton, as the American people get the silver rush mindset.

Meanwhile Steve will continue to scout since it looks like he's found the eastern coast as well. Here's his planned Route (Got a little messed up with the draw line tool)

I'm gonna end turn...

Here's the save!
            Attached Files

Comment

3800 BC

Well, I figured I should play this at least untill the wheel, but some crazy stuff happened on this turn. Steve found another tribe of local people. Living in a desolate tundra off of the coast, clearly they earn their livelihood from the sea. Hopefully they can teach us something useful from this harsh life they live, adverse circumstances breed ingenuity after all.

Also, the borders of Metaliturtleton have expanded, revealing... A tribe outside the capital? They must be made civilized before they turn hostile.

Finally, here's the rundown:

Tech
              Wheel in 3, may want to lean more heavily towards hunting-archery with the new hut to our west.

City
              Growth in 6 turns
              Work Boat in 9 turns
              City expansion (at current rate) in 45 turns
              Next Build: Warrior to pop hut and explore West, Steve will guard the homelands.

Save again!
              Attached Files

Comment

Comments Breed Updates, Updates Breed Comments, please do your part

Comment

"Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                  Check out my Blog!

Comment

Excellent mate,
                    What better way to start a Monday morning at work than reading an excellent Civ narrative!
                    Really entertaining and inspiring!
                    Go Steve go!
                    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Play on, bror.
                      This is getting exiting.

Note: hunting will let the americans train scouts. Scouts are friendly, they never provoke villagers to become hostile. Training a scouting group could relive Steve of his wandering duties, and let him return to his family in Metaliturtleton. His mother must be worried by now.

- Cal
                      "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

Updates will be few and far between for the next couple weeks because of final projects/exams/stupid school business in general

Comment

3760 BC

So, what was in the hut that Steve saw on the oceanside?

MAPS!! Yippee, maybe we won't need to go 'splorin' down here and can send Steve home a tad early!

And the maps show...

ICE!! That's right kids, all we really learned from this is that there is indeed ICE, it does exist on this ocean as well as the one to the west, and just like the other ice, it is cold and has water. Steve does note that unlike previous instances of ice, this ice doesn't have mythical beasts. He is now upset that the other people lied to him.

There isn't much else, I'm gonna play another turn! Without the new post!

3720BC

Fun fact- this was the year when I first saw human barbs on a raging barbs deity game once! I proceeded to lose terrifically!

Well Steve continued to march on, and guess what he discovers?

You're thinkin' more ice right? Well YES, but some dudes have a fire too!!

Steve will deviate from his route to investigate this matter further.

Turn is then ended. Wheel next turn!

Comment

please keep on with this
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I will keep up on this, but my screenies are gonna need to be fewer and far between, or my upload limit will run out quick. When I get close to the 20 MB I'll PM and see if the site won't host the images though.

Comment

3680 BC

The wheel was discovered, and it was decided to research hunting so that a scout might be able to explore the lands to the west in the near future.

Steve is now one step closer to the tribe on snowy hill, having decided to move 2 to the coastal tundra hills to help fix discrepencies with the maps from the other tribe. The trip wouldn't be delayed any less anyways.

Meanwhile, here's what's happening back home in Metaliturtleton.

So let's look at our plan:

Tech is going the hunting-archery path.
                                Next build will be scout instead of warrior. After that there will be a settler since I'm not expecting human barbs till around 2800BC at the earliest.

Growth in 3 turns
                                Work boat in 6 turns (including the growth factor)
                                Hunting in 5 turns

Major Build goals in the future
                                scout - settler - archer - archer - barracks

Tech goals
                                Archery - AH or Mining depending on if second city is up, most likely AH though because it will be easier to access immediately.
                                Bronze might be good to look into considering our Capital's food resources though...

Oh well, Ending turn and posting the save!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X