Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical issues - unable to load saves (appears to be mod issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical issues - unable to load saves (appears to be mod issue)

Had some issues loading saves. If your saves crash halfway through, and you're not getting the mod info when you start new games:

It's because the Assets folder isn't where the game wants it.

Basically, when you extract the file (seemed to be the case both .zip and .rar) it will drop a two-layered c4dg Colors folder in, and Civ can't find the assets. Make sure that when you open up the c4dg Colors folder, you see the Assets folder. If not, pull it out of the c4dg Colors folder and put it where it belongs.)

Otherwise you'll have saves crash when you try to load them as I did.
    Last edited by Aginor; April 22, 2006, 04:35.

That's probably the fault of the unzipper - some unzip programs are not as well behaved at keeping the exact folder structure.

I recommend opening it in the unzip program and specifically unzipping the C4DG-Colors folder rather than just mass-extracting the rar/zip file. (I recommend this for ANY zip/rar file, of course... )
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That's because of the lack of standard in zipping.

Some people zip the parent folder and expect the users to choose "extract here"
      Some people zip the contents of the folder and expect the users to choose "extract to [folder]"

I always use the latter when unzipping, to be sure I won't have 100+ files in a directory where I don't want them. It shouldn't be too hard for these programs to check automaticly if it's necessary to create a new dir, but I don't know of any that has this feature.
      no sig

Comment

I use Total Commander, great progran for file management. You can enter CAB & Zip files just like entering a regular folder. Save to and copy from those same folders.

Also allows you to do the same, with FTP file storage sites.

Great program

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

E_T, you might be a geek. Tell me if this tastes like chicken

** smacks E_T with cons wife, again**

Comment

Sorry, I don't do seafood....

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

you can go to the extreme

and do a fresh reload of civ4

it helped me
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
              X