Compile the source code, missing headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

That's a bad idea, because you have to do it everytime you compile the game and want to run it and you can't use the debugger this way. The right way is to copy the ctp2_data directory into the same directory where you find the ctp2_code directory. Say no if you are asked if any files should be overwritten.

I assume you run a German version of the game that means there are some things left.

Go to ctp2_code\ctp\ there is a file called civpaths.txt, open it with any editor of your choice it contains a line english replace it by german and the game runs in German.
    Ok, I did it this way round, but now I get the following error message window while starting the .exe:
    "DB_Error: UNIT_MACHINEGUNNER not found in Unit database"

I can click "Continue" and the game will run anyway.

But what could be wrong?

Thanks,
    Jacqui.

Comment

Sorry,

That was my error:

see here:

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Ok, now the error is gone, but another occurs... maybe I'm too stupid ...

If I start the game out of visual studio everything is ok, until I select New Game. Then the game is loaded but everything around the settlers is black and everything is very slow and some kind of blurred (?). I made a screenshot, because it's difficult to explain it.

Sorry, if I asked that much ...

-- Jacqui
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jacquipre
          If I start the game out of visual studio everything is ok, until I select New Game. Then the game is loaded but everything around the settlers is black and everything is very slow and some kind of blurred (?). I made a screenshot, because it's difficult to explain it.
          Actually this isn't a big big deal sometimes it happens to me, too, but only with the debug version compiled by the MSVC 6 introductory version. If you save the game and reload or reload from the autosave the problem should disappear.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X