Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime you can play the turn and the Vox team can look for an alternate turn player, by then Jon may even have internet at home.......
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

just curious, what would be the position for McMeadows if at sometime in the future if he decided that he did want to be involved? could he then pick any of the teams to join?

personally, I know he would have some details on Vox etc, but knowing him, I feel he should be allowed to choose from any of the teams...
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

I guess we could deal with that when the time came.

If I'm interpreting this right, though, McMeadows is dubious of the DG atmosphere, not of Vox as his choice of team.

Comment

I have joined Vox, with the intention of helping them out as a turnplayer.. I have shared my hesitations. Now on with the show. We'll see how it goes.
          don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Good luck

Originally posted by Kloreep
            I guess we could deal with that when the time came.

If I'm interpreting this right, though, McMeadows is dubious of the DG atmosphere, not of Vox as his choice of team.
            cheers Kloreep, was just trying to keep options open for the volunteer
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

My doubts are indeed connected to the nature of the DG's and not connected with a team. However, I'm not aiming for a special treatment so I joined Vox.
              don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

I'm just happy to hear that VOX will have a better chance at getting its turns played within 24 hours.

Not that there is a time limit....yet.

Comment

Alpha Centauri: Please, do not zip the game when you send to Sarantium. Thanks.

Comment

strange sarantium guys ...

do you want me to resend ?

why not zipped btw ?
                    no sig

Comment

I'm assuming they prefer to play the save directly from email ... zipping a c4 save doesn't save that much anyway
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It saves about 50% : 75 KB => 40 KB

It's just our smac pbem background, where zipping is the general rule.

Ah well, anybody knows when zips showed up first in history?
                        no sig

Comment

It's just a cause for another step and it "could" possibly cause a corruption issue.

No need to resend. Thanks for asking though.

Comment

McMeadows, I'm just glad to have you here at all. Hang out for a while.

I remember zipping files back around 1990, back when the internet was only beginning to get poluted. Sigh.

My big game back then was XCOM: UFO Defense and I STILL pull it down and play it periodically. Maybe the best PC game ever in my useless opinion.

Back to topic... It is difficult for people when they are asked to change their behavior. But it is even more difficult when people around them don't ALLOW them to change. That's how people get typecast. We can all improve and we should allow each other to do so if we can. Except for con, maybe.

Golden Bear Philosopher for the Ages

Comment

Possible problem with Merc's email?

Your mail to 'C4dgmerc' with the subject

C4DG Turn 3

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

Message body is too big: 105597 bytes with a limit of 100 KB

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel this posting, please visit the following URL:

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if the Mercs requested that Sarantium zipped all saves?

Comment

Working...
                                X