EditPlus: updated SLIC-definitions, new CTP2-DB-definitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EditPlus: updated SLIC-definitions, new CTP2-DB-definitions

Why not get back to CTP2-modding just to enjoy the luxury of syntax highliting in EditPlus?
    • for SLIC (Locutus' SLIC-definitions file updated for CTP2 AE)
    • for CTP2 AE database files (a brand new definitions file)

I will keep updating both files as long as the Source Code Project is going on with the Information I can find in the AE Modding Wiki (or somewhere else, but preferably there).

The EditPlus definitions for CTP2 AE database structures are currently supporting all files in \default\gamedata and \default\aidata. I will see how much I can do for the string files, but I intend to integrate at least some highliting support for editing the Great Library. Personally, I like browsing the textfiles with syntax highliting -- I can see clearly now .

I will eventually post updates here (not too frequently though).

Please don't hesitate to post your suggestions and complaints .

Installation:
    • Requires: EditPlus
    • copy the zipped files into the EditPlus program folder
    • open EditPlus, open the menu Tools > Preferences
    • go to "Settings and Syntax"
    • hit the "Add" button
    • for SLIC enter a description like "SLIC", file extension "slc", the syntax file is "slic.stx", the auto completion file is "slic.acp" and the function pattern file is "slic.ctl"
    • for the database defintions enter a description like "CTP2 DB", the file extension is "txt" (which might be a bit annoying if you use EditPlus for other textfiles and if you frequently use words like "InvaderMovementRegardCost" in your notes ), there is just a syntax file "ctpdb.stx"
    Attached Files
    The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

wow i gotta check this out.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

SLIC Website Kit

Please don't tell me I ought to get a life .

I wrote a PHP-script that uses the above mentioned SLIC-definitions file for code highliting on the web (I have not yet fiddled around with textfile highliting, but I will certainly do so some time).

An example can be found here.
      You need a little bit of patience watching the page loading . I have tried to optimize the script, but still there are quite a lot of string replacements via regular expressions, and Free.fr is one of the last free webspace providers with PHP- and database support, but ressources are somewhat limited.

However -- it should run quicker on "regular" (paid) webspace. I also have a version which renders the entire file at once instead of line by line, if anyone is interested.

All you need to use the script for your website are
      Upload these files and your SLIC scripts into a folder on your webspace, follow the instructions , adapt the design as you like in "modfile_highlite.php" -- and everyhing should work. If not: don't hesitate to post your complaints and questions here.
      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; January 29, 2011, 18:57.
      The modding knowledgebase: CTP2 Bureau (with CTP2 AE Modding Wiki). Modern Times Mod (work in progress): MoT-Mod for CTP2.

Comment

Working...
      X