Raising Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Arizona

With thanks to the Washington Post and the Police Departments of the Washington area, we give you these excerpts from crime reports.

Fairfax County:
    ARLINGTON DR., 2600 block. A 1994 Geo Prism was stolen.

OX RD., 8900 block, 3:30 p.m. April 2. A man attempted to steal a large amount of baby formula from a grocery store. A 34-year-old Baltimore man was charged with attempted grand larceny and attempted grand larceny with intent to sell. The man was also served with outstanding warrants charging credit card fraud, credit card theft, forgery, larceny, grand larceny and larceny with intent to sell.

FLORIDA AVE., 500 block, 9:26 p.m. March 31. A person wrote on a vehicle with an orange marker.

And in Prince William County:
    MINNIEVILLE RD., 12700 block, 8 a.m. to 5:25 p.m. April 3. CDs, a Bible and a briefcase were stolen from a vehicle.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Actually, the last excerpt is the most interesting one: why would anyone steal a Bible?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

"I'll be taking these Huggies, and whatever cash you got."
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The little yard apes go through food, and conversely, diapers, quick.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          Actually, the last excerpt is the most interesting one: why would anyone steal a Bible?
          When I was in the Navy and on deployment, my sister in law used my care to pick up some bibles for her church. She left them in the car for the night.

Next day, the car is gone................ but the bibles are sitting on the curb.

Bastards!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
            X