Wolves at the Ready Setup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves at the Ready Setup Thread

PBEM Game from Civ 3 that we will restart in Civ 4.

The original game was from the twisted mind of my Khan.

The new game will have a new setup then.

Originally posted by sabrewolf

how about we continue it in civ4 in a similar world:
    - again inland sea, future age start (no spaceship, no diplomatic)
    - maybe make it "no wars" to have a complete builder victory with only time and cultural victory possible.
    - add one-two very high level AI civs to make things a bit more "interesting".

?
    The Players

Sabrewolf
    Plato
    Chrisius Maximus
    Paddy the Scot
    Rubychaser

Do we want any more?
    Will all of the originals play?
    Will we really get to own a pub again before 2006 ends?

So many questions. Do you have the answers? If so have a seat and tell us all about it.

Where there be Poly, there be Con watching over all. We did not forget, even though we have no poll.
    Attached Files
    Long Live The Horde
    Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
    Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

In
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

ill most likely play when this is sorted
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I dont really like to no wars option though !
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

no wars does kind of go against the name a bit as well now that I remember more of the reasons behind the civ III game I built
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

yeah has sabre gone all peacenik or what ? sabre you growin your hair dude ? man those flowery shirts wont suit you you know that

Comment

looking like a war zone
              Long Live The Horde

Comment

with the future start i was thinking that no serious military conquest can be done unless 2 or more team up against somebody. which is uncool usually for the attackee.

with "no war", you'd have to beat the best builder (or the guy with the best lands) by just having the best cities
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

we may need to change the name of the game to "nail bags at the ready"

or just start a new game for that

I too like a builder game option
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

I still say leave war in, Sabre is correct it will possibly lead to alliances being formed but thats simply diplomacy at work, if we have a whole bunch of well developed AI's as well it allows each player some possibility to form alliances or make territorial gains.

But as it has been said many times Offense is the best form of defense so building a strong armed force is the sensible way to maintain your civs buildings

But a pure builder game would be interesting to play out though i know from past experience in civ 3 sabre will most likely whoop my ass at that part of the game. how about two games running side by side on the same map with same civs but one with no wars option and the other will always war option

Comment

Must have war in a Wolves game then.
                      Long Live The Horde

Comment

no two games for me please... i've got to be a little selective at this point of time

as for the civ: vicky of the english would be cool if we go for the builder version and frederick of the germans should we chose the war-lusty game
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Is there any room here?
                          The Sherrin Foundation
                          Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Working...
                          X