Drinking alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis
    try not to be selfish about this. Yes you most likely won't have as much time with her (unless you like to hang out with her as she's changing diapers- or breast feeding ). The baby will occupy a lot of time. But you can still be friends with her. But you will indeed need to branch out with your available time, and be with other people.
    Yeah, iknow. It´s just a big chnge in my life. She´s been such a huge part of my life for the last five years...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

But what that really seems to show is you want this woman for yourself. And sooner or later you will have to accept this. I have with my friend. She just bought a house with her boyfriend, this depressed me at first (as this is a serious committment). But I am happy for her. And I am currently looking for another girl to be my girlfriend. I have accepted the fact that L. will not be my girlfriend.

Comment

Drinking alone is something that I have never done, never intend to do, and can't ever envisage myself doing. It's the way I see alcohol I guess, but to me it's purely a social thing.

Dauphin, I really should now, God knows I need the change of scenery. But we got a whopping £700 rent & electricity bill for the boat (another project where I have no idea what I´m doing, like my life...) So I said to Provost that I´ll have to skip that. But now... It might be worth living on noodles and rice in May to do something fun for a while. I start my new job May 2nd so I should get some vacation in before that....

Well, drinks are on tap and PH has a cheapie place to stay if you do decide to come over.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          But what that really seems to show is you want this woman for yourself. And sooner or later you will have to accept this. I have with my friend. She just bought a house with her boyfriend, this depressed me at first (as this is a serious committment). But I am happy for her. And I am currently looking for another girl to be my girlfriend. I have accepted the fact that L. will not be my girlfriend.
          I AM happy for her. But I´m irrationally egoistic as well. I want to have the cake and eat it danmit!

Comment

Hey it's natural to feel that way. Time helps as realisation and acceptance sets in.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              Drinking alone is something that I have never done, never intend to do, and can't ever envisage myself doing. It's the way I see alcohol I guess, but to me it's purely a social thing.

Dauphin, I really should now, God knows I need the change of scenery. But we got a whopping £700 rent & electricity bill for the boat (another project where I have no idea what I´m doing, like my life...) So I said to Provost that I´ll have to skip that. But now... It might be worth living on noodles and rice in May to do something fun for a while. I start my new job May 2nd so I should get some vacation in before that....

Well, drinks are on tap and PH has a cheapie place to stay if you do decide to come over.
              I´ll check my economy and see if i can´t pop over the week after easter

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

And I don´t really think you can have friends of the opposite sex without having sexual/romantic feelings for them.
                Well, while I sympathize with you, I feel this statement is totally wrong. I have many female friends (even one who tried to make out with me at a club while we were dancing but I managed to turn away even though I was drunk off my ass, and she is a cutie btw). I do see where your coming from though. I was at a point when I thought the same way as you (yah times were rough in high school). I've gotten to the point though where when I make friends with girls its really hard for me to look at them in a romantic way. But its a totally different story if I don't know the girl that well (and the only time this ever occurs nowadays is in club situations). I will hookup with girls without any holdbacks if I don't know them well at all. But for some reason if its a girl I know really well I just don't feel anything at all. And I'm not just talking about romantic feelings. I'm talking about having hot friends that I have absolutely no urge to hook up with for whatever neurosociopsychological reasons that I can’t explain rationally (attraction can never be explained rationally btw). But my advice to you is to do what I did in high school. Go become sexy.
                Last edited by mitch; April 8, 2006, 23:16.

Comment

And obviously I was joking about that last sentence (I just realized some people might take that seriously). The only way your going to overcome this situation is if you find a way to get other girls in your life. And theres websites to help you with that if your having trouble.
                  Last edited by mitch; April 8, 2006, 23:14.

Comment

Zoid, you need to find a girl who is available. This one isn't so just look around and find one who is.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am curious that if you love her why you didn't tell her. Now she is pregnant and with another man so if it is a little late to come clean.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, I´ve told her many times that I love her. But she doesn´t feel the same way for me. We do have a very strong friendship though, that´s why we can spend so much time together. It´s not like I´ve been secretely waiting for her to start love me all these years.

But you´re right. It´s time to find an available girl. She´s been saying that too for quite some time now

Comment

Originally posted by mitch

Well, while I sympathize with you, I feel this statement is totally wrong.
                          Yeah, maybe I shouldn´t think that everybody is like me in that aspect.

Comment

Comment

you need to go to the gym and get muscular so you can get all the pretty girls
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Go out and get someone pregnant
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X