Drinking alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking alone...

So I sit here in front of the computer getting slowly drunk on whisky and feeling sorry for myself. A few days ago one of my best friends told me she was pregnant. I was quite shocked since she wasn´t the type to get children I thought. A very messy life and, like me, a bit lost in the world. She´s gonna keep it, it wasn´t even on the map to get an abortion she said. I´m glad that this might herald a new era of stability in her life, but at the same time I´m terrified that I will be left out so to speak. The thing is I was madly in love with here when we first became friends, a feeling that I thought I had under control. But since she told me I´ve been very anxious and depressed. This will change everything, we were (are!) very close and I feel that this will come between us. I mean it must, mustn´t it? It´s not just me and her anymore. It´s me, her baby and the father (who she might move in with!!!). What the **** am I supposed to do with my life now? We can´t possibly hang out as much as we used to now... Somehow I thought we were always going to be like teenagers hanging out, drinking beer and talking about how much life sucks... If she´s going to play Happy family now I might as well kill myself. Or find me a girl and start a family of my own... But how´s that gonna happen?

I´ve been doing a lof of solitary drinking lately, three times in the last week. Unheard of for me... Somehow drinking dulls the anxeity... Funny that, it usually used to be her that was drunk and I who was in control. Now the tables are turned... Bastards!

I really need to get me some kind of social life, start dating and stuff...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

go out to a bar and get smashed

actually I'm never in the mood to drink when I'm depressed. I was depressed a couple weeks ago and went to the bar to get drunk. But I wasn't in the mood and only drank one beer.

better that way. As drinking while depressed isn't a good thing. The best thing is just to play some computer games.

Comment

I´m trying to wrap my head around this scenario I´m trying to create. But it´s tricier than it sounds. And I have very little money right now, and I´m not sure I want to be in a crowded pub anyway. I have a lot of booze in the house and music that I like.

Another thing about this whole ****ing situation is that she asked me not to tell anyone else about this. So I can´t discuss this with my other friends and family. But Poly is OK I guess. Blees the the relative anonymity of teh Internet

Comment

Are you still coming over to London in the next week or few?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

in a few months, it may be obvious that she's pregnant. . Can't be that hard to keep a secret for a few months, can it?

And female friends are interesting indeed. I never had one (except in childhood) until recently. My romantic feelings for her have faded, but not completely. They are tough to deal with sometimes. But for the most part I have accepted her as just a friend. But it's strange, because I act around her a way I would never do with a guy friend. Hugs and all that. I never hug guys. Let alone kiss.

Comment

Dauphin, I really should now, God knows I need the change of scenery. But we got a whopping £700 rent & electricity bill for the boat (another project where I have no idea what I´m doing, like my life...) So I said to Provost that I´ll have to skip that. But now... It might be worth living on noodles and rice in May to do something fun for a while. I start my new job May 2nd so I should get some vacation in before that....

Comment

My fiance has actually lost weight since she became pregnant. I think it has to do with vomitting every single day due to morning sickness, but I could be wrong.

While going to a pub to pick-up is not a guaranteed method of meeting someone, your chances of finding someone while drinking alone are decreased dramatically.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                in a few months, it may be obvious that she's pregnant. . Can't be that hard to keep a secret for a few months, can it?

And female friends are interesting indeed. I never had one (except in childhood) until recently. My romantic feelings for her have faded, but not completely. They are tough to deal with sometimes. But for the most part I have accepted her as just a friend. But it's strange, because I act around her a way I would never do with a guy friend. Hugs and all that. I never hug guys. Let alone kiss.
                Heh, I know that one. I don´t have sexual dreams about mu male friends. And I don´t really think you can have friends of the opposite sex without having sexual/romantic feelings for them.

Comment

For me the only thing working when I'm depressed... it's to make a ride of bicycle, playing raquetball with one of my friend, making any sport..., talking to a friends.

Being alone in a bar, with many people around us is pretty sad.

===
                  @Zoid:
                  Two friends of mine get pregnant, one was my ex-gf and the other girl, an old schoolgirl friend. Whatever...

Dont be too depress.... she will need you, she will need your help! Since in your post you seem to say, That the man who make it pregnant seem to dont be here yo support her.

My friends used to call me in the very morning at 6:00am and make 30km of cars just to talk with me, she will need your support zoid(if you want to give him your support).

I think, if you keep in touch with your friend, you will really like this situation. At only one condition; You have to face your emotion about her. Do you love her? Do you actually love her? You have to face it,

see ya,
                  bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    My fiance has actually lost weight since she became pregnant. I think it has to do with vomitting every single day due to morning sickness, but I could be wrong.

While going to a pub to pick-up is not a guaranteed method of meeting someone, your chances of finding someone while drinking alone are decreased dramatically.
                    I´ve never picked up anyone in abar. I´m just not that type, I need different surroundings. But you´re right, sitting home alone doesn´t do anyone any good.

Comment

I think you are much safer if you are at home drinking. You're not behind the wheel of a car, your in your own space and know your limitations within the confines of your own home and great music and of course all of us, what more could you want
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc

Dont be too depress.... she will need you, she will need your help! Since in your post you seem to say, That the man she make it pregnant seem to dont be here yo support her.
                        He´s vey definetly there. He´s actually THE ex-boyfriend of heres that would cope with the situation. This is what´s making me scared of losing a large part of her friendship, she won´t have any time left for me with a baby and her old boyfriend...

I think, if you keep in touch with your friend, you will really like this situation. At only one condition; You have to face your emotion about her. Do you love her? Do you actually love her? You have to face it,

see ya,
                        I think I love her. She´s basially everything I want in a woman, smart, sexy, similar interests, etc... I thought I was over her, but obviously I´m not... ****! It´s been five years since I realized it wasn´t really going that way...

Comment

try not to be selfish about this. Yes you most likely won't have as much time with her (unless you like to hang out with her as she's changing diapers- or breast feeding ). The baby will occupy a lot of time. But you can still be friends with her. But you will indeed need to branch out with your available time, and be with other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                            I think you are much safer if you are at home drinking. You're not behind the wheel of a car, your in your own space and know your limitations within the confines of your own home and great music and of course all of us, what more could you want
                            The tender embrace of a woman?

Comment

Tia will give you a hug accross the internet lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X