Country
    This is Zoid's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    11:07

Drinking alone...

So I sit here in front of the computer getting slowly drunk on whisky and feeling sorry for myself. A few days ago one of my best friends told me she was pregnant. I was quite shocked since she wasnt the type to get children I thought. A very messy life and, like me, a bit lost in the world. Shes gonna keep it, it wasnt even on the map to get an abortion she said. Im glad that this might herald a new era of stability in her life, but at the same time Im terrified that I will be left out so to speak. The thing is I was madly in love with here when we first became friends, a feeling that I thought I had under control. But since she told me Ive been very anxious and depressed. This will change everything, we were (are!) very close and I feel that this will come between us. I mean it must, mustnt it? Its not just me and her anymore. Its me, her baby and the father (who she might move in with!!!). What the **** am I supposed to do with my life now? We cant possibly hang out as much as we used to now... Somehow I thought we were always going to be like teenagers hanging out, drinking beer and talking about how much life sucks... If shes going to play Happy family now I might as well kill myself. Or find me a girl and start a family of my own... But hows that gonna happen?

Ive been doing a lof of solitary drinking lately, three times in the last week. Unheard of for me... Somehow drinking dulls the anxeity... Funny that, it usually used to be her that was drunk and I who was in control. Now the tables are turned... Bastards!

I really need to get me some kind of social life, start dating and stuff...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Dis
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    02:07
    go out to a bar and get smashed

actually I'm never in the mood to drink when I'm depressed. I was depressed a couple weeks ago and went to the bar to get drunk. But I wasn't in the mood and only drank one beer.

better that way. As drinking while depressed isn't a good thing. The best thing is just to play some computer games.

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Im trying to wrap my head around this scenario Im trying to create. But its tricier than it sounds. And I have very little money right now, and Im not sure I want to be in a crowded pub anyway. I have a lot of booze in the house and music that I like.

Another thing about this whole ****ing situation is that she asked me not to tell anyone else about this. So I cant discuss this with my other friends and family. But Poly is OK I guess. Blees the the relative anonymity of teh Internet

Dauphin
    Country
    This is Dauphin's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    10:07
    Are you still coming over to London in the next week or few?
    Capitalisation - The difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse
    Grammar - The difference between knowing your $hit, and knowing you're $hit.
    Spelling - The difference between being literate, and being Dinner.

Dis
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    in a few months, it may be obvious that she's pregnant. . Can't be that hard to keep a secret for a few months, can it?

And female friends are interesting indeed. I never had one (except in childhood) until recently. My romantic feelings for her have faded, but not completely. They are tough to deal with sometimes. But for the most part I have accepted her as just a friend. But it's strange, because I act around her a way I would never do with a guy friend. Hugs and all that. I never hug guys. Let alone kiss.

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Dauphin, I really should now, God knows I need the change of scenery. But we got a whopping 700 rent & electricity bill for the boat (another project where I have no idea what Im doing, like my life...) So I said to Provost that Ill have to skip that. But now... It might be worth living on noodles and rice in May to do something fun for a while. I start my new job May 2nd so I should get some vacation in before that....

Skanky Burns
    Apolyton Sage No. 3 Skanky Burns's Avatar
    Country
    This is Skanky Burns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    20:07
    My fiance has actually lost weight since she became pregnant. I think it has to do with vomitting every single day due to morning sickness, but I could be wrong.

While going to a pub to pick-up is not a guaranteed method of meeting someone, your chances of finding someone while drinking alone are decreased dramatically.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dis
    in a few months, it may be obvious that she's pregnant. . Can't be that hard to keep a secret for a few months, can it?

And female friends are interesting indeed. I never had one (except in childhood) until recently. My romantic feelings for her have faded, but not completely. They are tough to deal with sometimes. But for the most part I have accepted her as just a friend. But it's strange, because I act around her a way I would never do with a guy friend. Hugs and all that. I never hug guys. Let alone kiss.
    Heh, I know that one. I dont have sexual dreams about mu male friends. And I dont really think you can have friends of the opposite sex without having sexual/romantic feelings for them.

CrONoS
    Country
    This is CrONoS's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    04:07
    For me the only thing working when I'm depressed... it's to make a ride of bicycle, playing raquetball with one of my friend, making any sport..., talking to a friends.

Being alone in a bar, with many people around us is pretty sad.

===
    @Zoid:
    Two friends of mine get pregnant, one was my ex-gf and the other girl, an old schoolgirl friend. Whatever...

Dont be too depress.... she will need you, she will need your help! Since in your post you seem to say, That the man who make it pregnant seem to dont be here yo support her.

My friends used to call me in the very morning at 6:00am and make 30km of cars just to talk with me, she will need your support zoid(if you want to give him your support).

I think, if you keep in touch with your friend, you will really like this situation. At only one condition; You have to face your emotion about her. Do you love her? Do you actually love her? You have to face it,

see ya,
    bleh

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    My fiance has actually lost weight since she became pregnant. I think it has to do with vomitting every single day due to morning sickness, but I could be wrong.

While going to a pub to pick-up is not a guaranteed method of meeting someone, your chances of finding someone while drinking alone are decreased dramatically.
    Ive never picked up anyone in abar. Im just not that type, I need different surroundings. But youre right, sitting home alone doesnt do anyone any good.

Tiamat
    Country
    This is Tiamat's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    09:07
    I think you are much safer if you are at home drinking. You're not behind the wheel of a car, your in your own space and know your limitations within the confines of your own home and great music and of course all of us, what more could you want
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by cronos_qc

Dont be too depress.... she will need you, she will need your help! Since in your post you seem to say, That the man she make it pregnant seem to dont be here yo support her.
    Hes vey definetly there. Hes actually THE ex-boyfriend of heres that would cope with the situation. This is whats making me scared of losing a large part of her friendship, she wont have any time left for me with a baby and her old boyfriend...

I think, if you keep in touch with your friend, you will really like this situation. At only one condition; You have to face your emotion about her. Do you love her? Do you actually love her? You have to face it,

see ya,
    I think I love her. Shes basially everything I want in a woman, smart, sexy, similar interests, etc... I thought I was over her, but obviously Im not... ****! Its been five years since I realized it wasnt really going that way...

Dis
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    try not to be selfish about this. Yes you most likely won't have as much time with her (unless you like to hang out with her as she's changing diapers- or breast feeding ). The baby will occupy a lot of time. But you can still be friends with her. But you will indeed need to branch out with your available time, and be with other people.

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Tiamat
    I think you are much safer if you are at home drinking. You're not behind the wheel of a car, your in your own space and know your limitations within the confines of your own home and great music and of course all of us, what more could you want
    The tender embrace of a woman?

Dis
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Tia will give you a hug accross the internet lines.

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dis
    try not to be selfish about this. Yes you most likely won't have as much time with her (unless you like to hang out with her as she's changing diapers- or breast feeding ). The baby will occupy a lot of time. But you can still be friends with her. But you will indeed need to branch out with your available time, and be with other people.
    Yeah, iknow. Its just a big chnge in my life. Shes been such a huge part of my life for the last five years...

Dis
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    But what that really seems to show is you want this woman for yourself. And sooner or later you will have to accept this. I have with my friend. She just bought a house with her boyfriend, this depressed me at first (as this is a serious committment). But I am happy for her. And I am currently looking for another girl to be my girlfriend. I have accepted the fact that L. will not be my girlfriend.

Dauphin
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Drinking alone is something that I have never done, never intend to do, and can't ever envisage myself doing. It's the way I see alcohol I guess, but to me it's purely a social thing.

Dauphin, I really should now, God knows I need the change of scenery. But we got a whopping 700 rent & electricity bill for the boat (another project where I have no idea what Im doing, like my life...) So I said to Provost that Ill have to skip that. But now... It might be worth living on noodles and rice in May to do something fun for a while. I start my new job May 2nd so I should get some vacation in before that....

Well, drinks are on tap and PH has a cheapie place to stay if you do decide to come over.
    Capitalisation - The difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dis
    But what that really seems to show is you want this woman for yourself. And sooner or later you will have to accept this. I have with my friend. She just bought a house with her boyfriend, this depressed me at first (as this is a serious committment). But I am happy for her. And I am currently looking for another girl to be my girlfriend. I have accepted the fact that L. will not be my girlfriend.
    I AM happy for her. But Im irrationally egoistic as well. I want to have the cake and eat it danmit!

Dauphin
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Hey it's natural to feel that way. Time helps as realisation and acceptance sets in.

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dauphin
    Drinking alone is something that I have never done, never intend to do, and can't ever envisage myself doing. It's the way I see alcohol I guess, but to me it's purely a social thing.

Well, drinks are on tap and PH has a cheapie place to stay if you do decide to come over.
    Ill check my economy and see if i cant pop over the week after easter

mitch
    Settler
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    03:07
    Originally posted by Zoid

And I dont really think you can have friends of the opposite sex without having sexual/romantic feelings for them.
    Well, while I sympathize with you, I feel this statement is totally wrong. I have many female friends (even one who tried to make out with me at a club while we were dancing but I managed to turn away even though I was drunk off my ass, and she is a cutie btw). I do see where your coming from though. I was at a point when I thought the same way as you (yah times were rough in high school). I've gotten to the point though where when I make friends with girls its really hard for me to look at them in a romantic way. But its a totally different story if I don't know the girl that well (and the only time this ever occurs nowadays is in club situations). I will hookup with girls without any holdbacks if I don't know them well at all. But for some reason if its a girl I know really well I just don't feel anything at all. And I'm not just talking about romantic feelings. I'm talking about having hot friends that I have absolutely no urge to hook up with for whatever neurosociopsychological reasons that I cant explain rationally (attraction can never be explained rationally btw). But my advice to you is to do what I did in high school. Go become sexy.
    Last edited by mitch; April 8, 2006 at 23:16.

mitch
    Settler
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    03:07
    And obviously I was joking about that last sentence (I just realized some people might take that seriously). The only way your going to overcome this situation is if you find a way to get other girls in your life. And theres websites to help you with that if your having trouble.
    Last edited by mitch; April 8, 2006 at 23:14.

Dinner
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Zoid, you need to find a girl who is available. This one isn't so just look around and find one who is.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

Dinner
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    I am curious that if you love her why you didn't tell her. Now she is pregnant and with another man so if it is a little late to come clean.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Oerdin, Ive told her many times that I love her. But she doesnt feel the same way for me. We do have a very strong friendship though, thats why we can spend so much time together. Its not like Ive been secretely waiting for her to start love me all these years.

But youre right. Its time to find an available girl. Shes been saying that too for quite some time now

Zoid
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by mitch

Well, while I sympathize with you, I feel this statement is totally wrong.
    Yeah, maybe I shouldnt think that everybody is like me in that aspect.

TCO
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    23:07

MRT144
    Country
    This is MRT144's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    you need to go to the gym and get muscular so you can get all the pretty girls
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

The Emperor Fabulous
    Country
    This is The Emperor Fabulous's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    01:07
    Go out and get someone pregnant
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast