Help running Alpha Centauri with friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help running Alpha Centauri with friend

Hey guys. I'm new to this fourm, but not the game. Me and a friend have been doing games at each other's house, but we want to try to play at our own houses with each other. Is it possible? I have downloaded Kali, but i'm sort of lost on what to do next.

Please tell me you guys don't do turn by email?

By the way. Really great site.

Comment

The game does have tcpip options, no?

Please tell me you guys don't do turn by email
      Dont ask me to lie
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Turn by e-mail might be reeeally slow sometimes (even if I had not personnally experienced it yet), but it's what makes all the charm of this game! You can plan your strategy in the smallest details! (And in this game the details that count very much)

If you want a fast, fluid sci-fi game, play Starcraft!
        But there the diplomacy is practically inexistant and you constantly need to make a compromise between the time you'd want to spend for strategy decisions (not much) and micromanagement!

Comment

I see exactly what you mean about strategizing, but I mean there's a limit on slowness . I really like the turn based element to it, and I enjoy LAN. I've found a way to play over the internet, and it seems to work fine.

If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to post the info. Also, it'd be fun to play an email game too.

Comment

SMAC PBEM ?

looking as well
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'm using Hamachi to create a virtual network with my friend. Really simple and it by passes most firewalls and creates no trouble with the computer. Game runs really well, and we've had 5 people playing in the same network.

Comment

Working...
              X