Why can't I start the world builder ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I start the world builder ?

I used the World builder late last year and I remember it was easy - accessing it by either the menu or by pressing ALT+W while you are in game.

But now, I can't get access to the World builder ? Hmm ... the Enter Worldbuilder button as been replaced by a regenerate map one and the ALT+W doesnt work either ?!?

I'm confused... How can I get access to it ?
    «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

There are both "regenerate map" and "enter worldbuilder" buttons on the menu in my game. Are you sure it's not in the menu anywhere?
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Also, it's Ctrl+W, not Alt+W.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If you happen to be using the "no cheating" option, it will not be available either.

Comment

You can also press <esc> or click on the book icon to bring up the main menu.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i am playing on a MAC...i cannot even find the world builder can anyone help and i cannot tell if i am in no cheat or not if anyone can help please try i would like to build my own map

Comment

I dont own a MAC but in a real PC......it would be for me once I generate a game I can find it within the menu tab in the actual game. Good luck!

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                Also, it's Ctrl+W, not Alt+W.
                I think Locutus is right.

Comment

Back out into game setup and my map name shows up as red and can't be played.

Comment

Working...
                  X