Nethog's GalCiv2 Tech Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nethog's GalCiv2 Tech Tree

I made a 2-pager tech tree for GalCiv2 that you may find useful. You can get it at my web site here . Please let me know if you find any errors or have any suggestions for improving it.
    Nethog

Eek, the text is too tiny to read! (on the computer anyways)

And the text is doing weird things to my eyes. Seems like they're trying to focus on it, and can't. Eurgh.

Looks like it'd be nice though, if I could read it. :P

How does it come out when you print it?
    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I admit that my charts are not for everyone - you have to have good eyes and have to want as much detail as possible on as few pages as possible. For me it prints fine and is perfectly legible, at least with my eyesight!
      Nethog

Comment

It's a pity that the tech tree is not clearly put in the metaverse as downloadable. I did find the tech tree somewhere at some point though, and actually used it as background for a few days (I like my other ones).

Google might be fruitful.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Dude! Nethog! I remember using your Civ 3 tech tree, that thing got worn out.

Nice work on the GalCiv 2 tech tree. You're probably aware but just in case, a lot of the techs are being tweaked in the 1.1 update coming soon. Things like costs and such.

Comment

Thanks.

By the way the tech tree IS updated to version 1.1 beta.
            Nethog

Comment

This is a life saver, I have been looking for something like this! Thanks a bunch!

You might want to post a link at gamefaqs and have a link to it added to the galciv2 wiki.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments allenciox and bonscott.

I have updated my site to include a version of the tech tree for v1.1 Beta 3.

I have also posted my site on the GalCiv2 Wiki.
                Nethog

Comment

thx for your great work!

Comment

At the galciv forums you can get a Galactopedia, that takes the info of the xml-files.
                    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Martin, the Galactopedia is fine if you want an online reference, but who can do that when you are playing a game? Whereas the tech tree is something you can put on your desk and reference as you're playing. I find it incredibly useful, I refer to it constantly.

Comment

Re: Nethog's GalCiv2 Tech Tree

Originally posted by Nethog
                        I made a 2-pager tech tree for GalCiv2 that you may find useful. You can get it at my web site here . Please let me know if you find any errors or have any suggestions for improving it.
                        Nice work. I would suggest that you submit this and possible future versions to here, a directory subcategory I've created.
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

allenciox, I know, just thought it was relevant to mention, and I might print the TechTree.
                          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

I have updated my tech tree to the final version of the 1.1 patch. Enjoy!
                            Nethog

Comment

I have updated my GalCiv2 tech tree to the 1.4 version of the game.
                              Nethog

Comment

Working...
                              X