Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commentary on Snowflake's prespective

Originally posted by Snowflake on 6/29/04
    "You are not going to be involved in this game?" Kody asked.

And then Geo said he would leave. And nobody other than me seemed to care, and be curious why such an active and able player suddenly wanted to quit the team that he cared for.

I guess this forum will be open too when the game is over. And all will see what I was thinking including the people I commented on. And they may be mad. But I can always leave this place too, as Jamski and Geo. It is so hard when people you care are going away, and the game you used to care is filled with not so pretty spirits.
    Well, I guess I am more confused now than I was 18 months ago when Snowflake left the Gaians. At that time I had asked her why she left the Gaian team, and she replied "I Transcended ". However when I left the Gaians I received 4 PM's from her trying different angles to get me to come back (which I found extremely odd that she felt she could leave the Gaians and not give any comment or indication she was leaving, but if someone she recruited to the Gaians left she wanted answers as to why).
    Once it became clear to me that Snowflake wasn't going to tell me why she left the Gaians, I dropped the matter, thinking that I'd find the reason once the CMN Private Forum was opened up. However now I don't really see anything that points to a reason why she left the Gaians. I am also now seeing that I have PM's from her where we are discussing Gaian strategy after she had been accepted into the CMN fold!
    Sorry if this post seems bitter - I guess just really don't understand Snowflake's approach in the whole Gaian affair....

Snowflake is/was not to be understood, but experienced.

I'm getting too much diplo-credit from her.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Oh, god.
      This thread opened my eyes!
      I've been so blind and ignorant this whole game!
      I suddenly feel like voting for ACDGV (MP) and being one of the most active diplomacy figures in my team..
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Watch and learn, my yound Padawan.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
          I suddenly feel like voting for ACDGV (MP) and being one of the most active diplomacy figures in my team..
          While I believe ACDGIV should be SP, this thread has made the idea of a 3 or 4 human player MP game very attractive for ACDGV.

GeoModder was very conscientious in posting drafts of diplomatic messages on the DA forum. In addition to getting a DA consensus, the fact the diplomatic messages went through at least two drafts probably helped the clarity.

I like Snowflake's comment on being careful not to reveal weaknesses by saying what is the most important thing.
          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Pretty standard thread, all of what i expected and have seen before in other DG.

No analsys on my time as DA ambassador?
            Wasnt sure how good it was or isnt, i prefer negoiating down a gun barrel to a table chat over tea, as i mentioned in DA forum...

Early in the morning and my spelling sucks :/

I've been so blind and ignorant this whole game!
            As CEO of All Seeing Eye Corp, on the other hand, it was interesting to watch the party...

/me heads off for some breakfast
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Watch and learn, my yound Padawan.
              Like if you were much older than me
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Its not age that matters, but wisdom.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You mean like postcount?
                  9643 (12.12 posts per day)

Just pulling your leg.

Comment

Doesn't matter, you're easily shaken (off).
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I was told that ACDG was over. Congratulations guys! I've been too busy and haven't been able to keep an eye on the game.

I want to apologize to Darsnan though. I didn't know that you didn't understand my comment about "I transcended". I meant to tell you that I "transcended" to the CMN team, and thus couldn't be with the Gaians. I'm sorry that I didn't know you didn't get what I meant. I always believe that it is very important to be open. But I know a lot of times I can be too emotional and not sensitive enough to other people. I would like to use this place to make an apology to everybody that I could have hurt in the past, because of my insensitivity. Sorry. I do care very much about you all.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake
                        I didn't know that you didn't understand my comment about "I transcended". I meant to tell you that I "transcended" to the CMN team, and thus couldn't be with the Gaians.
                        Not much I can say in reply to that other than I will have to assume that you used the same justification when you applied for membership with the CMN, and that they accepted this, and so therefore this should be a good enough explanation for me as well.

I think, moving forward, that for future DG's we should have a rule that if a player wants to quit their team in order to become a CMN, that at the very least said player needs to give a heads up to their team mates that they are quitting so that the team mates aren't caugh off guard by this event. An even better rule may be that the player needs to post their reasons why they feel quitting the team in order to become a CMN is in the best interests of the DG.

D

Comment

Yeah, coz quitting from team is usually something that brings negative feelings to those you leave behind.

Quitting to become part of CMNs could and should be looked upon differently and if you dont inform everyone openly, people just think, it's the former with all the subsequences..

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            ...people just think, it's the former with all the subsequences..
                            Its "consequences", not "subsequences".

D

Comment

Darn, I subsequently missed an opportunity to correct bT here.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X