Oblivion oh my!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion oh my!

Well, just picked up Oblivion today. I may have to wait until next week for my birthday to play it, but that's up to the wife.

But methinks GalCiv2 is going to be set down for a few weeks/months while I'm absorbed by this awesome game.

Send in the rescue party in May!

P.S. And anyone that loves roleplaying games (say Morrowind, Dungeon Seige or Balder's Gate) should get this game.

It's out today???

OMG, lunch will be a best buy today (okay just nearby)!
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I think I'll wait till you guys hammer Oblivion out and all the tips & tricks get put on the web somewhere. Worked for Elder Scrolls.
      Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Sadly, I am off in Norway at the moment and cannot obtain the covetted Box o' Goodness just yet. Probably for the best, as I really need to focus on the job for the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
          It's out today???

OMG, lunch will be a best buy today (okay just nearby)!
          Actually it was out yesterday.

Walmart had several copies (both collectors edition and regular) when I stopped in over lunch today.

Comment

For some reason I was thinking it was out on Thursday. Plus I'm likely not going to get it for a few weeks so I can finish my time with GalCiv2.

Basically, after that, there be quite a dry spell of games.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I'm also excited about Oblivion . I don't, sadly, exactly have the rig to run it very well, but I am still hopeful that I'll squeeze out an acceptable minimum-setting performance.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I found this usefull in determining that my 4 or 5 year old PC is way too crap to run it at all.
                GC2 however, runs perfectly fine, so it will not be set down yet.
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by tetley
                  I think I'll wait till you guys hammer Oblivion out and all the tips & tricks get put on the web somewhere. Worked for Elder Scrolls.
                  Why in the H*** would you want to do that?!?

You'll turn an adventure game in to a spoiled exercise in min/maxing the leveling system.

Solver: my new rig runs it on highest settings without a hiccup. First time I can say that about a high tech game on release in more than a decade.

OK, back to oblivion for me.

- Sirian

Comment

> Why in the H*** would you want to do that?!?

I understand how you feel, but on Xbox, Elder Scrolls was buggy, and I hated getting constant crashes on it. It was good reading the walkthrus that told you where all the interesting stuff was. Otherwise I would be slogging through constant crashes even more. And I can tell you, I would NEVER have found the Telvanni tower or the Corprus asylum without help from the web.
                    Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Not sure why we need another Oblivion thread.

Comment

This one was moved from the Gal civ 2 forum.

Comment

Sirian: if you send me your rig, I'll send you a copy of Civ4 signed by me .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                          X