Endgame Newsitem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endgame Newsitem

Sorry everyone, I've been unexpectedly away. I can't find the original draft of the newsitem so I'll improvise.

MY 2205

"It's all over, < title? > Googlie Planet is yours!"
    "Thank you Maniac. Dismissed."

And so it ended. Following up the defeats of U.N. Peacekeepers in < insert surrender year > and University of Planet. in < insert surrender year > and the complete destruction of the Morgan Industries in < insert year >, the remaining factions have agreed to surrender or capitulated. Data Angels and Gaian Union representatives High Lord Chaos Theory and Datajack Vyeh signed the surrender papers in MY 2205. Yang initially resisted but capitulated after he realised that he is not a match for the combined power of the new greater Spartan Federation.

On the planet where seven human factions, seven human ideologies, once struggled for dominance only one now remains. Humanity has at last achieved the Unity of which the U.N. Interstellar Colonization Agency dreamed so long ago.

Not a word has been heard from Earth in all the years since Planetfall, only a deafening silence across all frequencies, so one can only presume that all that is left of humankind is now under Spartan rule. The mysterious and growing Planetmind remains a significant challenge, but humanity is now prepared to meet this alien presence, friend or foe, as a united species. The human species must survive, and the Spartans shall see that it does, as it is the spartan way.

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    -- Spartan Battle Manual
    Last edited by Illuminatus; March 24, 2006, 14:59.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Datajack will do.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

We won!

Comment

/me looks at the reader and starts shouting

You there Spartan! Yes you! Straighten up and look me in the eyes! Give me answers to my questions or I will assign to toilet cleaning for the rest of your miserable life!
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

HEY

i already used that in cgn21. Its copyrighted.

Ill be seeing you in err, court.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Good luck then. I am judge, jury and the executioner.

Comment

I thought that was Danq, Markg and ming...
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Well you got the order nice

Comment

Well I waited long enough. Thank you for your help Spartans.

Comment

Working...
                  X