Freeciv 2.1 beta is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeciv 2.1 beta is here!

Darn, it seems Hima stole the show, oh well...The first Freeciv 2.1 beta is out! With the amplio set as the default and the win32 exectuable is now available for download!

You can find it here, just select the most recent win32-gtk2 setup exe. The first example of the events language is in the tutorial. Just try it out. Feedback and bugreports (afterall, this is a Beta ) are welcome.

N.B

A big thank you to all current and former Civ2/ToT scenario designers for making this possible

P.S
    The SDL client might also be worth a try but I haven´t tested it yet.

The original thread
    Last edited by CapTVK; March 19, 2006, 12:50.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Screenshot

A first screenshot of the tutorial in action
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

2nd screenshot

A sceenshot of the new techscreen
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks fantastic! And a good way to learn Dutch (or is it Flemish? ) to boot.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

awel, verstade da nie? Don´t worry, Freeciv tries to check what language your OS is set up. So if it´s a English version of WinXP is should show in good old fashioned english.

A third screenshot, this time showing how you can detach and change the size of various windows.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ik begrijp een weinig. Between my occasional understanding of English and memories of my waking hours in German at Univ, I can deduce a bit. Then there's always the chance to abuse understand another language using online translation.

That big G on the Conestoga makes me curious, how well does the 'Go to' routine work?
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I don´t know if babelfish has a flemish to english translator, but you never know

The go routine in FC works pretty well. Just press "G" or select it from the menu and a routefinder line will appear, with the caveat that it only "works" on discovered terrain (the routefinder doesn´t know what it is hidden in undiscovered terrain so it will ignore that when planning a route). There are a number of related functions like autoexplore, road construction/irrigation, patrolling etc..You can even set waypoints.

Comment

This looks grand!

I will DL this with all haste...Which links on the server should
                a person with standard XP use? I assume there is a standard
                installer for version 2.1?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

it does look good, having a quick game now,

where (here at apolyton) do we post
                  feedback/comments and (most important) questions
                  ?

cheers,
                  B.
                  Do not try and patch the bug. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
                  What truth?
                  There is no bug. There is no bug?
                  Then you'll see, that it is not the bug that is patched, it is only yourself.

Comment

Barocca,

If you find real bugs just mail them to bugs@freeciv.org

Feedback, questions and comments can be asked here. Or at the freeciv forum.

As for the Win downloads:
                    GTK2 Client for Windows

SDL client for windows (haven´t tested this myself)

Comment

This game looks really great...
                      I would want to contribute something too

Comment

Originally posted by varwnos
                        This game looks really great...
                        I would want to contribute something too
                        Feel very free to do so.

BTW, all packages has been moved to their proper places, so the download links above doesn't work any more. Get them directly from freeciv.org instead!

Comment

Here is a mine graphic i have made for civ3. Would it be of any use?
                          Attached Files

Comment

There's also these:
                            Attached Files
                            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Any feedback Barocca?
                              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                              X