This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inevitable Expansion Pack

Let us assume two things: First, that Firaxis' product model calls for wringing profit out of a franchise with multiple "expansion packs." These are sold for top dollar to the die-hards for appox. 6 months, then combined with the original to pull in newcomers. Second, that Firaxians do read this and that some of the requests of the Civ-playing community found their way into Civ 4, presumably via this website.

So, let us begin making suggestions for the expansion pack that should be announced in a few months.

I have one large suggestion, one minor suggestion.

The big suggestion is the inclusion of the Ethiopians as a new civ. There's never been more than one African civ in an Civ game and Ethiopia counts as one of the world's oldest and nations. Plus, they have an illustrious female leader, Queen of Sheba Makeda, thus killing two birds with one stone.

The small suggestion is an increase in the Great Person art. It would be great to see different unit art for each age (Classic Actor, Medieval Painter, Renaissance Actor [as is], Industrial Vaudeville and Modern Rock Star [as is]). Although I would settle for a modern version of the Great Prophet made to look like a televangelist.

Please share your own visions.
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Anyone remember Herreson?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: The Inevitable Expansion Pack

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan
      So, let us begin making suggestions for the expansion pack that should be announced in a few months.
      I'd say you're a little late. There's already been a few threads like this one and Firaxis had a poll on their site shortly after the game came out, about a month or so, asking people what they wanted to see in an XP. Chances are they're already working on it and have a fairly good idea of what they want to do with it. In a few months, it might even be close to being ready for beta-testing.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Yes? What do you mean?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Yes? What do you mean?
          The guy who went on and on about Ethiopia. Had an entertaining little sparring session with Molly Bloom.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Oh. Yes, I remember him making some weird posts. But I mainly know him from the A/C, Poly Paradox games forum, and OG. But I thought you meant he was gone, because of the wording.;
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Yes. He liked frogs.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

He still does AFAIK
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I want the Hebrews to be included, with King David as their leader.

The Hebrews have made many more contributions to world civilization than Ethiopia, Zulu, Malinese or any other African tribe you care to mention.

Comment

I want a "Custom Civ" option so people can make whatever civ they like and stop this ****ing *****ing about what civ should be included and what civ should be left out...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Canaan Banana

Comment

Re: The Inevitable Expansion Pack

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan
                        The big suggestion is the inclusion of the Ethiopians as a new civ. There's never been more than one African civ in an Civ game and Ethiopia counts as one of the world's oldest and nations. Plus, they have an illustrious female leader, Queen of Sheba Makeda
                        I think that a lot of historians now think that the Queen of Sheba came from the Arabian peninsulla a few hundred miles above Aden. I have not got the referance material to hand , but I believe it was a city call Shabu - (or simillar).

But my point is - it was across the water from Ethiopia (Abysinia).
                        "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Re: Re: The Inevitable Expansion Pack

Originally posted by Harrier UK

But my point is - it was across the water from Ethiopia (Abysinia).
                          Catherine the Great was a German, but I don't think anyone would question her title as one of the greatest Russian rulers.

And Frederick the Great, for that matter, barely knew German. He spoke mostly in French.
                          "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
                          "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
                          "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Queen of Sheba (legendary hottie) + Firaxis artists (legendary male hormone reservoirs) = We have a winner!!!

Comment

Well there's Mali and Egypt in Civ 4, Egypt technically is in Africa...

Also, I think that they should focus the expansions on more ingame systems. By system I mean, Great People is a system, and the random map generator (how it generates maps of different styles) is another system.

Comment

Working...
                              X