No announcement yet.

Looking for PBEM(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will have a go at it when I get home...

any requests
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Has anybody tried scenario PBEM's yet. Can they be done? I haven't even looked into that part of the game yet.

Comment

tried some in SP - but not in pbem...

anyone else?
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Are they working in PBEM form? If they are i'd be keen to try one.

Comment

no idea... could you test one and find out ?
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Posted in the Multiplaying thread, about a medieval Europe (1092 AD) mod which I think would be great also as a PBEM:

Originally posted by OzzyKP
              I found a great mod/scenario over at CivFanatics that I've been playing today. Custom made for Europe in the middle ages.
              [There are l]ots of new techs, wonders, units, and civics and new civs (Papal States, Byzantium, Scottish, etc…Its a big map with the full 18 civs and additional barbarian cities too.

The Scenario:
              This is my first scenario, it's about Medieval Europe the situation at 1092AD. I made this scenario using European Empires 3 mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144971, you should make sure you have the Expanded version of EuropaEuropa3 working properly, which you can find in...

The Mod:
              Europa Europa 3: The European Empires Mod By: ArbitraryGuy Original Map: Arne Version 3.1 Patch is here. If you have previously installed EE3, just install EE3.1 over it. The Main Files: Download Europa Europa 3.1 here. *Thanks to Aussie_Lurker for uploading this. Requires Civ 4 Patch...

The Map:

First idea is we pick all/some (could be more than one per player its just 4 of us) of the small states (Bohemia, Papal States, Prussia, Lithuania, etc) jack up the difficulty level and work together to bring down the AI.

Or we pick the big powers (France, Russia, Hungary, Turkey, Holy Roman Empire, etc) and battle it out for supremacy of Europe.

I'm going to see if I can set it up as a PBEM game when I get home from work (8 hours from now, dam it! ) or some of you more experienced fellows, who get home earlier too, could try it
              "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
              Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
              Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

looking forward to your results Nic
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

If that mod can work as a PBEM, it'd be great. We'll see.
                  Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                  Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

hmmm... only 6 more hours to go... need to tell your boss of international crisis you need to sort out
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

I tried a few mods last night - one in particular Europa Europa (civfanatics) looks great, and it needs to be installed to run this.

I also tried to set one up as a PBEM and it worked fine.

I think we try the one Nicoda has recommended above. If everybody agrees the first step would be to download the mod and check they can get it working in SP.

Once that's done choose a CIV (I'd be keen to try bringing down the big powers) and away we go!

Comment

good value
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I wish I had the time!
                          maybe during this week
                          Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

time is a strange old monster....

no pressure mate, we will enjoy it when it arrives
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Followed your link. When do we start?
                              The Sherrin Foundation
                              Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

chill mate could be a little while
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X