No announcement yet.

Charles Bronson PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and another one. there's a problem. it seems my solution requires the "mod" to be loaded whenever a game is loaded. this seems stupid, since after turn 1 its really all in the savegames anyways in this case. but civ4 works this way.

so, i say on the first turn everyone should send the modded file + instructions to the next player along with the saves.

also, if too many people think it's too much of a hassle to have the game (automatically) restart on loading the save, we could drop the settler thing... but i don't think that will be necessary

Comment

Originally posted by SebP
      and another one. there's a problem. it seems my solution requires the "mod" to be loaded whenever a game is loaded. this seems stupid, since after turn 1 its really all in the savegames anyways in this case. but civ4 works this way.

so, i say on the first turn everyone should send the modded file + instructions to the next player along with the saves.

also, if too many people think it's too much of a hassle to have the game (automatically) restart on loading the save, we could drop the settler thing... but i don't think that will be necessary
      well, my 2 cents worth, I have had nothing but problems using a mod

I even had problems when I modded single player in a game with Vovan the results came across into his save

I really dont want a modded game as I am in so many wonderful games, I will back out if it has to be modded

Thanks for the offer thou

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

there might be another solution that doesn't require loading a mod each time, i'll see how that goes

if it doesn't work, we could still just use the industrial start to speed things up. i don't like it though. i would play, but i'd rather play ancient

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

well, my 2 cents worth, I have had nothing but problems using a mod

I even had problems when I modded single player in a game with Vovan the results came across into his save

I really dont want a modded game as I am in so many wonderful games, I will back out if it has to be modded

Thanks for the offer thou

Gramps

I agree...

lets just get an ancient start happening - a good normal game thus less bugs
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

ok. grandpa you won't be needing to load a mod ever... the solution was off course obvious... i'm just posting too fast (i sure hope i didn't this time)
            if bronson just copies the single modified file over his original before he sets up the game and restores it to the original right after, noone will need to use civ4s modloader, since the only change is really the number of starting units, which will be hitherto be in the savegames, there shouldn't be any problems if we play with the original files and just use the modifications for setting it up

Comment

Comment

right, I´ll do it now.
                If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

one question: how do I setup the players name? Are all human in main menu!!

the mod is working fine!
                  If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

the button left to the name

Comment

ok, game started fine

But what is the adress of GrandPa´s mail??

Comment

BCRONKITE AT ec DOT rr DOT com

Comment

thanks!!!

E-mail sent!

Game started!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_Bronson
                            thanks!!!

E-mail sent!

Game started!
                            I send to BigFree?

anyone have his email addy?

Thanks

Comment

Yes grandpa, you send to BigFree. No, I don´t know his mail.

I´ve sent him a PM right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_Bronson
                                Yes grandpa, you send to BigFree. No, I don´t know his mail.

I´ve sent him a PM right now.
                                I did too

I gave him my email and hopefully will get this sorted out

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                                X