No announcement yet.

Charles Bronson PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BigFree we were 7 already. Opinions on playing with 8? I don't really care.

About the starter pack. How do we even do it? I didn't find any options to start a pbem from a scenario? Can it be done? And again, anyone have a buddy who could set this up for us? Cause I don't. If we play pangea, one of us could do it... The maps look all the same. He could just edit the plain scenario textfile for editing in the units (it is simple enough from what i see), but i suspect he will see the map in graphics when he converts a save to a scenario. Since he doesn't have to see the starting positions in graphics, it won't matter much though.

Comment

Make it 8
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

I am game for what ever is voted on
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

And the (assumed, i bet half of you knew exactly how to do it) problem is solved, it is easy enough to just use a modded CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. Duh. Also, no outsider is needed to set it up, and noone will need to see any maps beforehand. I was still in SMACs scenario editing mindset

Comment

------------------------
            Terra Map:
            SebP
            BigFree
            ------------------------
            Continents:
            Charles Bronson
            ------------------------
            Pangea:
            SebP
            Paddy the Scot
            James the Scot
            ------------------------
            No Vote:
            McMeadows
            Platypus Rex
            Grandpa Troll

And pangea map won

Bigfree, what Civ/leader???

So far, here the game settings:

Map: Pangea
            Size: Standart
            Climate: Temperate
            Sea Level: Medium
            Era: Ancient
            Speed: Normal
            Difficult: Monarch (or emperor)
            -All victory conditions will be enabled
            - Raging Barbarians (anyone against this?)

my e-mail is commanderapocalipse at hotmail dot com. Please, post yours, so we can start asap.
            If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

paddythescot ta gmail tod com

game on

oh have we looked at play order yet?
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Unless order matter, this turn order is nice for me.

Paddy the Scot: Elizabeth of the England
                Charles Bronson: Saladin of Arabia
                Platypus Rex: Alexander of Greek
                James the Scot: Julius Caesar of Rome
                SebP: Malinese
                McMeadows: Random
                Grandpa Troll: Catherine of Russia
                Bigfree: ???

I don´t know how to create the map with this starting pack!

So I leave it to you Paddy!
                If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Ok I personally think we need to look over the game order a bit old chap

will come back with a suggestion soon
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Ok, my suggestion is

Brazil - Charles Bronson: Saladin of Arabia
                    Central US of A - Grandpa Troll: Catherine of Russia
                    West Coast US of A - Bigfree: ???
                    West Coast US of A - Platypus Rex: Alexander of Greek
                    East Coast Australia - James the Scot: Julius Caesar of Rome
                    East Coast Australia - Paddy the Scot: Elizabeth of the England
                    The Netherlands - McMeadows: Random
                    Germany - SebP: Malinese

Starting in Brazil with Mr Bronson, then straight up the world to the Friendly Troll ... puttering across the map to the two West Coast Auto boys, so they can Pimp the Ride next stop Hawaii for some gogo joice before the save arrives with James. James already plays a few games while I at work, thus saves here when I get home. So to I already send several games to Mac so we have a good flow pattern there. Then the sacred save came follow the rivers into Germany for our man Seb then back to the old trail of off to Brazil again
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Charles, i'll sent you an email with the modified xml-file + instructions how to use it.

Also, everybody should check on his first turn if he has 3 settlers and 3 warriors. if mcmeadows or bigfrees random civ turns out as incan, it should be 3 quechas obviously

last, for mcmeadows: my email adress is das DOT letzte DOT theorem AT gmx DOT de

PS: Perhaps it would be good to edit all the adresses into the first post of the thread once published

Comment

also, i'm cool with raging barbs. if only so that we even get any despite the 3 settlers

Comment

Originally posted by SebP
                          Charles, i'll sent you an email with the modified xml-file + instructions how to use it.

Also, everybody should check on his first turn if he has 3 settlers and 3 warriors. if mcmeadows or bigfrees random civ turns out as incan, it should be 3 quechas obviously

last, for mcmeadows: my email adress is das DOT letzte DOT theorem AT gmx DOT de

PS: Perhaps it would be good to edit all the adresses into the first post of the thread once published
                          Good stuff Seb
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                            ...Then the sacred save came follow the rivers into Germany ...
                            Rivers flow into the sea in general. The Rhine is no exception.

Nonetheless, I catch your flow. Seems to be best to have you automatically send saves to me. Those deliveries always come through, even if it takes a year..

game on...
                            don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Originally posted by McMeadows

Rivers flow into the sea in general. The Rhine is no exception.

Nonetheless, I catch your flow. Seems to be best to have you automatically send saves to me. Those deliveries always come through, even if it takes a year..

game on...
                              cheeky fella

and wow... things really must be different north of the equator... see we have these things called boats and also cables... these two devices allow us to send items and information up a river - well actually, and I do not want to freak you out on this, but we can send things in both directions

have a nice day

now play ya save
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

oh, and anyone starting with hunting will get a scout and 2 warriors

Comment

Working...
                                X