(Hopefully) Simple Question on Ship Designing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Hopefully) Simple Question on Ship Designing

As a newbie to this game (as opposed to the Civilization series of games), I have a simple question regarding ship designs.

How do I save them from game to game? Say I spend a precious amount of time in a game perfecting my mass-driver armed fighter, with lots of bling. How, then do I use that same fighter, graphics and all, in subsequent games (assuming I get to the point where I have the techs for it of course)?

Once you start getting 'close' tech-wise, your old designs should start appearing in the lists along with the tech you still need to research to get there. And once you have all the tech, your designs should just appear like the stock designs do.

Note that if you had any saved ships prior to 1.0X they will not carry over past that patch.

Comment

Correct. One thing though: Saved designs are only available from game to game if you play the same race and hull designs. So if you always play the Humans with the human hull design then your custom ships will appear from game to game. But if you change it up once and play the Drengin then you'll need to design new ships. Personally I created a custom race and I just change up the stats a bit game to game but all my custom ships stay.

FYI there is a workaround for ships from the previous patch. Just load up a save from before the patch, go into the ship builder and resave a design. Now it'll be available to you in games started after the new patch.

Comment

Ah, so I should save up my real "bling" designs for when I finish trying out all of the computer opponents and stick to a customized Dirdir race(a la Jack Vance), so that I can keep them from game to game to game.

Comment

Working...
        X