Demo 8.1 and onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo 8.1 and onward

I've uploaded Demo 8.1 , which includes several changes from D8.0, as detailed in the previous threads and summed up here:

AI:
    -Modifications to ai siege and reinforcement code.
    -AI for naval units
    -AI for exploration
    -AI to compute the distance for take capital plans
    -AI to split taskforces when they are too strong for their target
    -AI knows to attack province capitals
    -some start on an over all military AI

Military
    -refined city wall availability, cost and effect
    -supply level affects movement rate
    -icons to show where battles happen(ed).
    -Add some wall vision capability
    -unit movement possible by numpad

Technology
    -more combat activities: Ground Combat, Naval Combat, Siege Combat...
    -changed messages when technology levels improves, including new messages when new units become available.

Diplomacy
    Possibility to declare war and peace, money. Ai may declare war although it's not very bright yet.

Government and social models
    Enhanced social model code. Gave all government social policies meaning in terms of economic productivity, technological development rate, military effectiveness, etc:
    -Civil rights - increase research efficiency: (1+cr)/2 and lower military units morale
    -Private Property - increases economic efficiency if high, when low, money goes to the state.
    -Social Policy reduces the revenue of the ruler
    -Province Autonomy - reduce the revenue from the taxes from that province and decreases some risks of riots.
    -Ethnic and Religious discrimination - lowers the number of RPs generated by the discriminated group, in addition to changing the other policies due to influence of less discriminated groups
    -Slavery: Slave social classes are created and provide a production bonus.

Riots model:
    Riots computed per province instead of per square.
    Various types of riots, including rebels who will change policies if they take control of a capital and then disappear, rebels joining another civ, armies revolting in order to promote their favorite regime...
    Changed a few equations from the model described by roquijad for better playability.

Graphics
    -show provincial and civ capitals on map

So what's next?
    Well, there's just one thing I want to do next, and that's save/restore. Since I haven't heard from Gary for a long time, I will start that task on my own. When it's complete, it should allow to work on the tech tree (I think a deeper tech tree is useless if you can't sace your games). Then we'll probably need some graphic updates and real random maps with other civs behaving properly.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

My previous outline can be found here. There seemed to be a good deal of agreement on that post, so I thought I'd point it out again.

Comment

Indeed, good idea to link to it.
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

In addition to the outline I linked above, there's also this post which was plucked from previous "plan" threads and a few of my own.

I'd like to add this to the list as well:

Change the startup screen from a series of buttons like this:
        Select a Scenario
        Select a Random Scenario
        Game Settings
        Credit
        Exit

To a series of buttons like this:
        Select a Tutorial
        Select a Complete Scenario
        Select an Incomplete Scenario
        Select a Test Scenario
        Game Settings
        Credit
        Exit

Under Tutorial we'd have these scenarios:
        Dawn (overview)
        *Upcoming Tutorial Scenarios by me*

Under Complete Scenarios:
        Carthego Delenda Est?
        Jericho?
        Atilla?

Under Incomplete Scenarios: (A preview of what's to come)
        Ancient Middle East?
        Ancient Aegean?

Under Test Scenarios: (Scenarios made for the sole purpose of testing a narrow concept)
        Siege Wars?
        Social Test?
        Technology Test?
        Reinforcement Test?
        Random Populated?
        *All the Random Scenarios*? (since they're unplayable)

What scenarios go under which heading (except for tutorials I would think) are up for debate, but you get the idea I'm driving for here. It better categorizes the scenarios into more coherent groups that play testers will find more useful, IMO.

-EDIT-
        I'd also like to suggest moving "Install & Patch procedure" from #3 on the minor list to #3 on the major list - as I belive the current testbed is advanced enough on diplomacy for now (other than a few minor tweaks, such as contact being initiated upon meeting another civ).
        Last edited by alms66; May 29, 2006, 07:46.

Comment

The scenario division is done. (Well, I must test it now.)

Comment

Working...
          X