Secret projects in multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret projects in multiplayer

I thought it was interesting how the SP fell in a PBEM i am playing. My Uni vs his Morgan. What is my point? Not sure.
    But its interesting how in theory morgan should have PTS and Uni have VW, and how you see differing styles, and reality, effect what SP get built. Also, i like talking about my PBEM as if they are Open Information and blabbing all sorts of important data

Morgan:VW,HGP,EG
    Uni:PTS,PEG,WP
    Hive:Command Nexus

First SP on the bourd is WP. I was aproaching 30 crawlers in 2150's, and i had to start building em sometime. Bunch of AI had been making WP for a long time now, and its my fav SP.

Next SP goes to morgan who grabbed EG. Unfortunatly AI is extra agressive but he got some trade agreements going, notably a pact with hive. Morgan also gets the VW here, because i hesitated to build it for 3 turns and basicly let him get it...

Next I put in Planetary Energy Grid, my fav SP, and the Planetary Transit System the turn after. This more than doubles EC income and triples population.

I was one turn late and morgan picked up the HGP, which i wanted badly to replace my VW.

I am plotting to build the Maritime Control Center(my fav SP) in the next few turns. Hopefully morgan dosnt steal that one out from under my nose too. After that, i just may head down to yang land, which isnt far away at all, and liberate the CN.

Who will win? Not sure but it has been fun sofar
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

You have always seemed a little odd to me, and now I know why - you have multiple personality disorder :

... WP for a long time now, and its my fav SP

Planetary Energy Grid, my fav SP
    Maritime Control Center(my fav SP)
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes and if you happen to get any of them in MY pbem... WAR!!!

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Dont overwhelm me all at once with the spam
        Ah for 2003-2001 period :/

Comment

It is much slower now-- I can skip this forum for a week and catch up in a half hour. Four-five years ago a week would mean 30 new threads each with dozens of replies . . .
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            You have always seemed a little odd to me, and now I know why - you have multiple personality disorder :

lol - hotseat game

Comment

2150 for the first SP ?

As for who will win *flips a coin* yep lady luck says she'd prefer PTS, PEG and WP
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Yeah laz. i had to clear fungus just to get roads out.
                you seem a little critical

Comment

Now that I've secured MCC, I can reply to this topic.

The way SPs fell in our game is indeed a bit funny, so I can explain my motives.

Although I had better starting position than Cata, I completely screwed up the turn advantage. While him as Uni was expanding well, it's been ages since the last time I played Morgan, and at first I had real problems with coming to turns with this faction. Not only I had bad luck with the tech path (IA in the mid 30ties), I also used garrison units for too long and switched to FM too late. I also insisted on Intense Rivalry, after I had picked Morgan! LOL

At first I felt that all important SPs will go to Cata. As he had an upper hand all the way from the beginning, I decided that what I really needed was not raw output, but information, as this was the only ground I could compete with Cata on. The only aim of EG was to get infiltration to Cata, but unfortunately, since then I hadn't enough time to analyse the data (these days I can spend no more than 10 - 15 min per turn).

As Cata was still delaying VW, I felt my chance. I wanted to deny him VW at any cost, enough with PTS going to him. Right now I think it's my worst mistake in the game - I could take the lead if I had let things the other way round. But I feared Uni + VW combo too much. Note that I was one turn close to get both VW and PTS, as I was ready to build the latter the very turn Cata did it. Damn how angry I was... The only thing I could do then was getting HGP, but it didn't help me enough to decrease my PSYCH allocation.

Now, just a turn ago, I instabuilt a true "white elephant" - supply cruiser with plasma armor and trance ability, worth 171 mins. It allowed me to get MCC (one of my real fav SPs) very cheap. I love that +2 movement bonus, and who woulnd't love elite probe cruisers with 9 mps?

Comment

Working...
                  X