No announcement yet.

Do you wish to continue with ACDGIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's the next step? Do we open up the various forums to general reading? Give out the passwords? etc etc?

Comment

The base shall never be surrendered! We rather wipe it from our storage space!
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

So what's the next step? Do we open up the various forums to general reading? Give out the passwords? etc etc?
        Should happen so..
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
          The base shall never be surrendered! We rather wipe it from our storage space!
          Yeah, we know you know how to wipe your own bases out.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

It kept our lands free of Spartan scum.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

While your in the forum, sign the DA guestbook!~of course ill have to ask Method to un-close it for that first. or i could start another....

I think people would like the SG if they tried one:
              Starts discussion
              No obligation(big thing i think)
              Challenging because the last person before you played wacko
              You can do your own thing and roleplay the turn...
              Dosnt need to be fast moving
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Yep Game over. DA surrenders.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Battle flag of the Spartan First Army:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                    Note that it depends on each team if they wish to open their private forum to the public. There have been cases in civ demogames when certain teams chose to keep their forum secret.
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

well, one for sure - I would love to have passwords to see the turns from other teams perspective. See what decisions we made many turns ago were right and which were not that lucky

I cannot though give away DA password before the team decides
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest
                      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I've informed Mark about the end of the demogame. I need some information about the demogame itself for the newsarticle.

When did Sparta start the attack that wiped out Morgans and when did the attack end finishing them (i.e. when were they obliterated)? Who were leaders of Morgan and Sparta during that period? What was the year of the attacks on Data Angels and Gaians? Actually the best thing would be if I could get a summary of Spartan military actions with the exact years.

And of course, I'll need the name of the leaders of each faction during the surrender.

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.

-- Spartan Battle Manual
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Gaians vote unanimous 'Yea' to opening it's private forum and expect other teams to do so aswell.

- Lord binTravkin
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            Gaians vote unanimous 'Yea' to opening it's private forum and expect other teams to do so aswell.

- Lord binTravkin
                            Your definition of "unanimous" is interesting. There is only a single vote in the poll in the private forum, and it doesn't quite correspond with your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                              When did Sparta start the attack that wiped out Morgans and when did the attack end finishing them (i.e. when were they obliterated)? Who were leaders of Morgan and Sparta during that period? What was the year of the attacks on Data Angels and Gaians? Actually the best thing would be if I could get a summary of Spartan military actions with the exact years.

And of course, I'll need the name of the leaders of each faction during the surrender.
                              IIRC...
                              MY 2151: Sparta declares war on the University
                              MY 2154: Morgan declares war on Sparta by probing the SCC Hunter! University surrenders the same year.
                              MY 2160/61: Morgan Industries obliterated
                              Then air raids on Terrapeso for some ten years, but peace was signed just before we were to begin a land invasion IIRC.

Then we proceeded to invade the Peacekeepers. After they were done, we proceeded to the Angels who self-destructed. Then debate over who to go after next. Choice fell on the Morganites again. Don't know the years though... Some wars with the Hive in the meantime as well.
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

DA's are anarchists. I had the honor of commanding the DA military while senior leaders were in a mountain retreat, er conference.

They're concerned the Spartans might put them before a war crime tribunal. Something about base destruction atrocities (that was before my time). Amnesty was part of the surrender terms, wasn't it?

We all know the Spartans are magnanimous winners, right?
                                Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
                                X